Spring Gardens Watch

Teague'usMaximus
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
What time is everyone going for? And what day?

Also, where do you get the keys from?

And mightaswell ask, anyone in block 40 flat 201, or anywhere near?

My first friend went to uni on saturday and its sort of made it kick in a bit :P 5 and a bit more days :woo: Gotta set off at about 4 in the morning though
Teague'usMaximus
Haha thanks :P
And ouch, how far do you have to travel? x
LillieF
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Checking in at three pm, my deary, and i'm in block 62.
Rocking-Rob
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'll be in Aberdeen on the friday due to travel arrangements, so I want to check with unite if I can move in a day early if possible. Comming from south of London, so its a decent way.

The actual office doesn't leave much in the way of queueing space in spring gardens, so if there's a long queue and I end up outside, I hope its not raining!

Havn't found anyone in my flat yet block 72 flat 301
Teague'usMaximus
(Original post by Rocking-Rob)
I'll be in Aberdeen on the friday due to travel arrangements, so I want to check with unite if I can move in a day early if possible. Comming from south of London, so its a decent way.

The actual office doesn't leave much in the way of queueing space in spring gardens, so if there's a long queue and I end up outside, I hope its not raining!

Woah, how are you travelling?
And I guess we'll meet them all in less than a week :yep:
Rocking-Rob
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Teague'usMaximus)
Woah, how are you travelling?
And I guess we'll meet them all in less than a week :yep:
Driving :woo:

So it's going to be a long drive Wouldn't be able to take my PC otherwise and life just wouldn't be the same without its electronic creature comforts

How are you getting up there?
littlelula
Report 9 years ago

I'm in block 72 but different flat. not long to go though
sophystar
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

Wow if you could get in a day early that's be great, i wish i thought about phoning them up and asking but as it happens ive had to book a travelodge which seems stupid now. Let me know what they say!
Also you have to book a check-in appointment so that you can move in so i'd do that soon
Teague'usMaximus
Driving :woo:

So it's going to be a long drive Wouldn't be able to take my PC otherwise and life just wouldn't be the same without its electronic creature comforts

How are you getting up there?
Haha, laptop my friend :P

And I'm driving, but its just from the North East so its not bad at all considering :P
Tasha91
Report 9 years ago
I phoned them up and asked if i could move my stuff in on the friday and they said that's fine. I'm not actually booking in 'til the Sunday though cause of my mum and dads work now i'm thinking i should've just asked if i could move in on the friday! I live 5 hours away as well! Although that doesnt seem half as bad as you guys

Room A, Flat 202, Block 70 Babyyyyy
Monteir0
Report 9 years ago
As anyone figured out what our address will be?
I'm assuming the triple figure numbers describe the floor and flat, so 302 would flat number two on the third floor (I've only seen 001 and 002 variants so I think there might be 2 flats per floor). Finally, the block number could be the street number you use (block 70 would be "70 Spring Gardens" ).

So, a possible address would be:
70 Spring Gardens
Third Floor Flat 2
Post code

Does anyone know if this is correct?
Rocking-Rob
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by littlelula)
I'm in block 72 but different flat. not long to go though
Well at least I have a neighbour :p:

(Original post by sophystar)
Wow if you could get in a day early that's be great, i wish i thought about phoning them up and asking but as it happens ive had to book a travelodge which seems stupid now. Let me know what they say!
Also you have to book a check-in appointment so that you can move in so i'd do that soon
Well I just contacted them and they said that its no problem to stay on the 18th! Will make everything alot easier as i'll have all my stuff sorted before anybody else even arrives :p:

Haha, laptop my friend :P

And I'm driving, but its just from the North East so its not bad at all considering :P
I <3 my desktop too much :p: but your right a laptop would be much less of a hassle

(Original post by Monteir0)
As anyone figured out what our address will be?
I'm assuming the triple figure numbers describe the floor and flat, so 302 would flat number two on the third floor (I've only seen 001 and 002 variants so I think there might be 2 flats per floor). Finally, the block number could be the street number you use (block 70 would be "70 Spring Gardens" ).

So, a possible address would be:
70 Spring Gardens
Third Floor Flat 2
Post code

Does anyone know if this is correct?
I think that's about right, building name is Spring Gardens, street name is Spring Garden
Tasha91
Report 9 years ago
Well I just contacted them and they said that its no problem to stay on the 18th! Will make everything alot easier as i'll have all my stuff sorted before anybody else even arrives
I wish i'd thought of that! Now im slingshoting back and forth between home and aberdeen (which is a 5 hour journey) cause i didnt think to ask
Rocking-Rob
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Tasha91)
I wish i'd thought of that! Now im slingshoting back and forth between home and aberdeen (which is a 5 h
our journey) cause i didnt think to ask
you could always ask tommorow I'd give it a shot - could save you a significant amount of time!
Tasha91
Report 9 years ago
you could always ask tommorow I'd give it a shot - could save you a significant amount of time!
Problem is, i've already agreed to work on saturday but i work for my mum so ... maybe i could ask if she can manage without me.
Might upset her a bit if i leave two days early though haha! Ahh dear, i can see it now, i arrive on the sunday whilst everyone has been out and is hungover, all teary eyed and upset from saying bye to my family. What a first impression i'll make ...
Rocking-Rob
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Tasha91)
Problem is, i've already agreed to work on saturday but i work for my mum so ... maybe i could ask if she can manage without me.
Might upset her a bit if i leave two days early though haha! Ahh dear, i can see it now, i arrive on the sunday whilst everyone has been out and is hungover, all teary eyed and upset from saying bye to my family. What a first impression i'll make ...

Aww Either way I'm sure you'll be fine

Think about me! When everybody is arriving with their parents I'll be stumbling out of bed at 2pm unshaven potentially hungover

I can see it now "someone call reception we think our flats been broken into!"
Tasha91
Report 9 years ago
Aww Either way I'm sure you'll be fine

Think about me! When everybody is arriving with their parents I'll be stumbling out of bed at 2pm unshaven potentially hungover

I can see it now "someone call reception we think our flats been broken into!"
Haha well if thats the way its going, do it in style. Hold a bottle of vodka in one hand, make sure you stink of stale beer, be wearing as little as necessary and insist on hugging your flatmates' parents. Then stumble around shouting abuse at walls and stubbing your toes on doors. Follow this up with claiming a whole fridge to yourself and hitting on one of your lucky flatmates et voila, you will be hated for the rest of the year

Extras such as movie props, pinatas, baseball bats and blasting music are optional.
JR90
Report 9 years ago
What time is everyone going for? And what day?

Also, where do you get the keys from?

And mightaswell ask, anyone in block 40 flat 201, or anywhere near?

My first friend went to uni on saturday and its sort of made it kick in a bit :P 5 and a bit more days :woo: Gotta set off at about 4 in the morning though
Driving from Darlington (know anyone else who's going locally?:p: ) to block 56 G1. Not sure what time to set off... arrival ?mid-day :confused:, presumably the check in times will be pretty flexible (I hope).

Going to read History
Teague'usMaximus
(Original post by JR90)
Driving from Darlington (know anyone else who's going locally?:p: ) to block 56 G1. Not sure what time to set off... arrival ?mid-day :confused:, presumably the check in times will be pretty flexible (I hope).

Going to read History

Im from Stockton Pretty close
Dont you have to e-mail for a check in time? Mines about 10
JR90
Report 9 years ago
e-mailed them saying 1200 so leave around 6:30... stop near Edinburgh (halfway) then next stop spring gardens
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 5 Oct '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (266)
38.61%
No - but I will (46)
6.68%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.4%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (326)
47.31%

Watched Threads