Turn on thread page Beta

How big is your computer music collection? watch

ReputationRep:
    2506 tracks.
    7.5 days
    11.03 gigs

ReputationRep:
    2,814 songs on my computer, and another 1,500 or so on my iPod.

ReputationRep:
    3741, 17 gig, 250 hours

ReputationRep:
    40 gig, no repeats, all complete albums and properly named, 128 enocoding. (i'm like monica from friends with my music collection; has to be perfect!)

ReputationRep:
    nearly 4GB

ReputationRep:
    45gb at 128kb/s, about 1/4 is pirated in some form .

ReputationRep:
    about 10gig....but around 2 of that is comedy - does that count?

ReputationRep:
    10561 songs, 46gig, 30 days 18 hours worth. Got about 100gig of videos too. (All legal, if anybody from the RIAA is reading. Honestly.)

ReputationRep:
    I only have about 500mb worth and they are all reocrded from original CDs that I own.

I don't ever download music, all my music collection is CD and vinyl based.

For me owning the physical record is part of the art of music. Pete Saville didn't design the Blue Monday sleeve for nothing for example.

ReputationRep:
    A rather pathetic 1481 items
    But i've only been copying music off CD onto here for acoupla months - and i don't download

ReputationRep:
    128 enocoding. (i'm like monica from friends with my music collection; has to be perfect!)
    Ah but 128 kbps is far from perfect

I jest

ReputationRep:
    my computer is rubbish so i dont have that many songs on it or else it jams up, probably bout 250 songs

ReputationRep:
    only 218 now i deleted all the rubbbbbbish

ReputationRep:
    Damn it, my hard drive has just filled up! Well, I guess my collection maxes out at 5100 songs then!

ReputationRep:
    About 1,000 songs, legally owned, only enough to fill my mini iPod though, my dad gets funny about me filling the PC with too much music!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    I only have about 500mb worth and they are all reocrded from original CDs that I own.

I don't ever download music, all my music collection is CD and vinyl based.

For me owning the physical record is part of the art of music. Pete Saville didn't design the Blue Monday sleeve for nothing for example.
    same - i get a friend to download it for me but most of my music collection is CD based but i ripped them off those CD's

Blue Monday one of the tracks ive got through download but theres a good excuse for downloading it - every album sold made New Order a loss as the art work was expensive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BloodyValentine)
    5500 songs. About half are legal i think i download a lot of it because i can't be arsed to sit there with the cd transferring to the pc. And there's a lot of live sets too which i dunno are they legal or border line legal?
    Half of it is the goo goo dolls discography though

I have 2500 songs

my dad has a ridiculous record collection, when we moved house he needed 80 boxes just for his vinyls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fernando)
    same - i get a friend to download it for me but most of my music collection is CD based but i ripped them off those CD's

Blue Monday one of the tracks ive got through download but theres a good excuse for downloading it - every album sold made New Order a loss as the art work was expensive
    Thats a bit of a myth, New Order did make money on their albums but they owned the Hacienda night club, I used to know the late Rob Gretton who was the main man behind the Hacienda (Tony Wilson didn't want to know at first).

The Hacienda sank all of the New Order's money, the single Blue Monday did however loose money on every single sold due to the expensive art work but only about 500,000 were made with this expensive cut out.

The actual loss is about £50,000 so its nothing really major, however they should have made several thousands on it.

The band are certainly very rich now, they all live in country mansions in Cheshire.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.