Is my friend being spiteful in this email he sent me?? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Back in June, we basically planned a little trip with a small group of friends, but I've been working ever since/so so busy, so I haven't quite had time to plan it, but I've told everyone I'm still up for it (I'll take days off work), but it's as if everyone is blaming me on this trip not going ahead. Take this email for example, where I've received no contact at all from this girl since June apart from this email today::

''Hello X, perhaps even having opened this e-mail you still do not remember the identity of the sender. In your current life, with your schedule crammed full, and meeting hundreds of new people every day, I do not blame you for forgetting some unimportant people. But if you search deep enough within the deepest depths of your memory you may still remember a certain X X, who you promised, oh so long ago, to embark on a trip with.
I realise this is one of the thousands of things you have to commit to memory, and if having read this e-mail you're still unsure of what I talking about then do not let this bother you.

From an anonymous random person.''

I mean, is this even called for?! What the **** do I do??
Anonymous #1
Anyone?? I feel so bad
......?
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
They're being spiteful, don't bother initating any contact, I wouldn't have friends that treated me like that unless it was a joke (a bad one at that). Send them an email back with the points you mentioned in your first post and see what happens.
Usar
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well, I'm being serious: have you considered that the person who sent you that email fancies you? The person I'm in love with did something similar to what you did (but we did it in the end) and I was pretty upset and thought he didn't care about me anymore.
emanuel_arsenalfc
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
damn..i reckon reply with a few 'looooool's'..... that would send sparks flying
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ......?)
They're being spiteful, don't bother initating any contact, I wouldn't have friends that treated me like that unless it was a joke (a bad one at that). Send them an email back with the points you mentioned in your first post and see what happens.
Phew, thanks so much for that

I was feeling so guilty, but part of me was saying why are they being so rude to me?? I start uni on sat anyway, so thanks alot!!
Jinxy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
it's childish. dont bother with them.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Usar)
Well, I'm being serious: have you considered that the person who sent you that email fancies you? The person I'm in love with did something similar to what you did (but we did it in the end) and I was pretty upset and thought he didn't care about me anymore.
They're male and really quite straight. I hope not ha.

But honestly, why are they being so vicious?! How do i replY??
Usar
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
But you said she's a girl :confused:

Anyway he is being spiteful. I'd reply and reiterate why I can't make the trip if I were you (sometimes it's what people want to hear) but if you've already done that lots of times then there's not much you can do I suppose.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Usar)
But you said she's a girl :confused:

Anyway he is being spiteful. I'd reply and reiterate why I can't make the trip if I were you (sometimes it's what people want to hear) but if you've already done that lots of times then there's not much you can do I suppose.
Sorry i got confused between the girl and the other guy who also want to go haha

But yeah, I think I'll do just that and probably tell them not to be so spiteful
Anonymous #1
Anone else???
Anonymous #1
Thanks, I thought it was me being the fool here haha
Soulless Beauty
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
????????????
stevo23e
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
if i sent an email like that i'd be being ironic in a "ha you havent forgotten about us now?" kidna way, but thats been worded in the weirdest way, its like the ONLY thing this person has thought about for the past while has been you and the trip. I think the reaction to such an email has to be a "dont be so silly" attitude, but if you get another one like it tell them to **** off, its not your fault youve been busy,even if it seems like this busyness has meant you couldnt concentrate on organiseing stuff as much as peeps want you to.

oh and what time was that email sent, cos nothing says "i got drunk and emailed incoherent crap i shouldnt have" like an email sent in the middle of the night
Tootles
Badges: 20
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Back in June, we basically planned a little trip with a small group of friends, but I've been working ever since/so so busy, so I haven't quite had time to plan it, but I've told everyone I'm still up for it (I'll take days off work), but it's as if everyone is blaming me on this trip not going ahead. Take this email for example, where I've received no contact at all from this girl since June apart from this email today::

''Hello X, perhaps even having opened this e-mail you still do not remember the identity of the sender. In your current life, with your schedule crammed full, and meeting hundreds of new people every day, I do not blame you for forgetting some unimportant people. But if you search deep enough within the deepest depths of your memory you may still remember a certain X X, who you promised, oh so long ago, to embark on a trip with.
I realise this is one of the thousands of things you have to commit to memory, and if having read this e-mail you're still unsure of what I talking about then do not let this bother you.

From an anonymous random person.''

I mean, is this even called for?! What the **** do I do??
Maybe they've tried to contact you before and you never saw the emails, for whatever reason.

Anyway, contact them back and apologize.
Phalanges
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Given how you mistook their sex, it would appear they were correct in their first line at least.
Nick_000
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My reply would be - Lolz!

Don't worry. Be happy.
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i wouldn't bother with them anymore if they treat you like that
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Tootles)
Maybe they've tried to contact you before and you never saw the emails, for whatever reason.

Anyway, contact them back and apologize.
And don't forget to sign it, 'Jorumally yours, Cooites'.
llys
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Anone else???
Just reply:

"lol"

If you have a plan for the trip, you might add it as a P.S. .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (269)
38.48%
No - but I will (48)
6.87%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.3%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (331)
47.35%

Watched Threads