The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 1
Its pretty good and I think has a new bit opening or something. But it depends where your halls are. In first year I was in IQfive so me and a friend from QHC joined Virgin Active at 5 ways because it was closer.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
How much is virgin active because I'll be switching from my current membership (Fitness First), which was £33 a month.
Reply 3
As far as I know, Virgin Active is the most expensive gym available.

The Council Gyms cost £22 a month here minimum 3 month term and they're pretty good.
Reply 4
I think I paid £38 a month at VA, they had a special student membership and you can freeze it months you aren't there i.e over Christmas and Easter.
ah okay thanks guys
Reply 6
and concerning of the sports courses at munrow sports center, how does it work? after I pay the term fee, does the course take place regulary every week at the same time?
Reply 7
christie-k
and concerning of the sports courses at munrow sports center, how does it work? after I pay the term fee, does the course take place regulary every week at the same time?

I believe you choose a class and it happens on the same time every week. Check this file for more info:

http://www.download.bham.ac.uk/sport/Docs/AL0910.pdf
Reply 8
What do you want to use the gym for? (free weights / cardio / etc.)
im also interested in gyms.
mostly using it for the free weights and cardio after each lifting session.
Would u recommend going for the gym in the university or somewhere else?

(I will be staying in shackleton if it helps)
Marc908
What do you want to use the gym for? (free weights / cardio / etc.)

both, mainly free weights.
Reply 11
siukingyiu
im also interested in gyms.
mostly using it for the free weights and cardio after each lifting session.
Would u recommend going for the gym in the university or somewhere else?

(I will be staying in shackleton if it helps)

90 Bull3t Pr00f
both, mainly free weights.

Uni gym (munrow sports centre) has a decent free weights area. Just try to avoid peak times for obvious reasons :wink:

I can't remember prices exactly but its pretty good price compared to other gyms

its about 15-20 min walk or a 5-10 min cycle from the vale (depending on your speed)

Virgin Active in 5-ways is ~£40/month student membership and has more cardio machines than you could ever want :wink:

Uni gym freewieghts area:

Spoiler

I found out it's about £180 a year.. so about £15 a month. More than reasonable. I'll check it out, thanks a lot.
i checked the gym today, its more than enough for me :smile:
u would probably see me around the gym soon haha

Latest