Drugs at Uni Watch

TheMadMan
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Are drugs as much part of University as they are part of college or 6th form.
All my mates in year 11, 12 and 13 were regular users of weed, ecstasy, ketamine, cocaine and diazepam, but as I am leaving all my old chums behind I am going to like liberate myself from all narcotic substances an refrain from doing them if offered.
TheMadMan
Rep:
?
anyone?
acid8000
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You're a bit pussy, acid and heroin is where it's at.
didgeridoo12uk
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
you get involved with them as much as you want.
i know plenty of people at uni that take no drugs at all
and a fair couple that do weed and the occasional bit of ecstasy
TheMadMan
Rep:
?
(Original post by acid8000)
You're a bit pussy, acid and heroin is where it's at.
I took heroin when I was 4 and im still hooked at 19, heroin is my paramount necessity therefore I don't consider it a drug. As for acid I did try to get some once but my dealer let me down, so I saw it as a sign to never do acid.

About the heroin... yes I was lying
learner_dancer
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I am still going to be injecting large amounts of heroin at university. I hope they don't mind if I smoke crack during my lectures either.

And OP, on a serious note, if you didn't want to do drugs in the first place, why did you? It's not 'uncool' to say no sometimes! In fact drug use isn't cool at all.
Moronic Acid
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by learner_dancer)
I am still going to be injecting large amounts of heroin at university. I hope they don't mind if I smoke crack during my lectures either.

And OP, on a serious note, if you didn't want to do drugs in the first place, why did you? It's not 'uncool' to say no sometimes! In fact drug use isn't cool at all.
Drugs are bad mmmmmkay

Thanks for that Mr. Mackey :rolleyes:
TheMadMan
Rep:
?

I wanted to do them. Ecstasy was the most fun, and ketmine weirdest, cannabis the most harmful and diazepam the most relaxing.
thestudentbooom
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
oohhh your cool friends tht do drugs at school... ****- + yes ov there gunna be more a part of a lotta peoples lives at uni away from home, silly question to ask
RawJoh1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by TheMadMan)
Are drugs as much part of University as they are part of college or 6th form.
All my mates in year 11, 12 and 13 were regular users of weed, ecstasy, ketamine, cocaine and diazepam, but as I am leaving all my old chums behind I am going to like liberate myself from all narcotic substances an refrain from doing them if offered.
Depends on who your mates are and what you're into.

Easy to get through Uni without touching drugs if you want to.
learner_dancer
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I wanted to do them. Ecstasy was the most fun, and ketmine weirdest, cannabis the most harmful and diazepam the most relaxing.
I know, I've done them. Not cool.
acid8000
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I took heroin when I was 4 and im still hooked at 19, heroin is my paramount necessity therefore I don't consider it a drug. As for acid I did try to get some once but my dealer let me down, so I saw it as a sign to never do acid.

About the heroin... yes I was lying
You're so cool, and will have lots of cool friends at uni.
Anonymous #1
Report 9 years ago
Yeah personally, they're available should you want them. In probably a majority of large friend groups would be at least 1 who takes some sort of drug.

If you want to get involved with them at uni (to your own peril I must add...) then go for it. Just don't think that getting blazed/pilled up on a regular basis and a 1st in your degree aren't mutually exclusive, because trust me... they pretty much are.

Might be the exceptions to the rule, but they're a massive rarity.
TheMadMan
Rep:
?
I know, I've done them. Not cool.
Drugs are not cool, but as an inquisitive teenager with inquisitive friends it was inevitable I would end up doing them for a period of my adolescent years.
Ramryan
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Drugs is drugs :/ There are people who will think you're really sheltered at Uni if you don't use them. And there will people who would be horrified to find out that you use them full stop. It really depends on what circles you mix in, and what you want to get out of your time there. I found that it's much easier to come into touch with drugs at Uni, but then I go Uni in Manchester, and I went to college in Winchester, so that might explain a bit
TheMadMan
Rep:
?
(Original post by acid8000)
You're so cool, and will have lots of cool friends at uni.
???
DebFantastic
Report 9 years ago
out of interest are you going to uni to learn and further yourself or have a party and get drunk and high???
claireythepinkfairy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No it isn't.
~ Purple Rose ~
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by RawJoh1)
Depends on who your mates are and what you're into.

Easy to get through Uni without touching drugs if you want to.
:yes:

You will meet people that use drugs and people that don't, like anywhere else.
It is up to you if you take them or not, even if you meet people who do, it doesn't mean you have to.

In halls at my old uni some of my housemates smoked weed regularly, but if it was passed around not everyone would do it, and it wasn't an issue.
INTit
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Two out of the 6 in my halls did weed, the law student would smoke it all night - the smell would come under his door filling the hallway and my room :\

So its probably quite easy to get. Not sure about the harder stuff though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (162)
39.13%
No - but I will (22)
5.31%
No - I don't want to (30)
7.25%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (200)
48.31%

Watched Threads