Is the Whitworth Park gym any good? Watch

lukenn
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hi guys,

Just wondering if the gym in the Whitworth halls is any good, or if its poorly equipped and gets crazy busy? I'll want to join a gym when I get there, and will also want to swim... so I dont know wehther to join somewhere outside of the uni where i can also swim, or to use the one in the halls and pay to swim when i want to? Also, how much is the membership for the gym at whitworth park for people staying in the halls there?
JCM89
Badges: 2
Report 9 years ago
I've not used the Whitworth gym but a lot of students join the Aquatics Centre on campus - 5 mins walk from Whitworth, they have a large gym, as well as a couple of pools, sauna, classes of various descriptions. The Aquatics Centres is a joint venture between the universities (UofM and MMU) and the city council and students get discounted membership / discounted or you can pay as you go and these fees are also discounted.
anzy256
Report 9 years ago
the gym is free to use at whitworth park for people living there. an induction session is required to sign up to use the gym which takes about half an hour, but this is also free.
Anatheme
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by lukenn)
Hi guys,

Just wondering if the gym in the Whitworth halls is any good, or if its poorly equipped and gets crazy busy? I'll want to join a gym when I get there, and will also want to swim... so I dont know wehther to join somewhere outside of the uni where i can also swim, or to use the one in the halls and pay to swim when i want to? Also, how much is the membership for the gym at whitworth park for people staying in the halls there?
The membership is free, although the gym isn't amazing and you could join the Armitage Centre or something else better for that.
Davidosh
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's fine for a quick occasional workout but for anythign more serious it's not really suitable but if you want gym and swim join the aquatics centre
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Manchester
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
    Sat, 22 Jun '19
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (291)
37.55%
No - but I will (55)
7.1%
No - I don't want to (56)
7.23%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (373)
48.13%

Watched Threads