How do you find out who negged you?! Watch

Favourite Worst Nightmare
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I negged a guy whose post I objected to anonymously...he then negged me back with the comment 'leave your name next time.' (Fair enough i suppose.) I hadn't posted in that thread or ever spoken to that guy before so he wasn't guessing it was me...I am really confused!

Anybody got any ideas? Pos rep available this time :p:
- skyhigh -
Badges: 14
Report 9 years ago
By being a subscriber

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/payments.php
sil3nt_cha0s
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Favourite Worst Nightmare)
I negged a guy whose post I objected to anonymously...he then negged me back with the comment 'leave your name next time.' (Fair enough i suppose.) I hadn't posted in that thread or ever spoken to that guy before so he wasn't guessing it was me...I am really confused!

Anybody got any ideas? Pos rep available this time
Cos he was a subscriber to the student room. Only reason.
Tootles
Badges: 20
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Favourite Worst Nightmare)

Anybody got any ideas? Pos rep available this time
Yeah, you should always sign rep, to not do so is a bit naff. And as has been said already, subscribers can see who's repped them, and who they've repped, and how much rep power was in each rep, right back to the day they joined.
Hubert Poo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's a courtesy in most cases to sign rep, whether pos or neg. If I'm repping someone I know very well and they also happen to be a sub, I may not if I choose to focus on the message or leave some pseudo-comedic image. :awesome: Sometimes I'll just rep someone to say hello as I can't be bothered writing a pm. :p: If they're a sub, then I don't necessarily need to sign, as they know me well enough. In that way it's almost like a text; you don't sign the message, but you know who it's from.

There are degrees then, and in some cases some odd little cultural inflections.

Aside, I would really urge every member who takes the site even remotely seriously to become a sub at least once, if only to try it out. :borat:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (546)
37.73%
No - but I will (113)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (100)
6.91%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (688)
47.55%

Watched Threads