Favourite Poem Watch

This discussion is closed.
Linda
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Yup, helps that I love the outsiders by S E Hinton. HAve you read the book?
Yeah, a long time ago. Back when I was 12 methinks. Gotta love Pony and Soda and the rest... Wasn't until recently I learned that it was written by a teenage girl.
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
my fav is The Flea by John Donne..... he uses brilliant language to convey the idea that Donne and the mistress (and the flea later on), are meant to be together: whether looking at the poem graphically, reading aloud in groups of 2 or 3, the rhyme, etc. Even the imagery seems to work perfectly too.....

I shd probably dig up my copy of John Donne (I studied it 2 yrs ago), and type to poem out here...
Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Linda)
Yeah, a long time ago. Back when I was 12 methinks. Gotta love Pony and Soda and the rest... Wasn't until recently I learned that it was written by a teenage girl.
the movie features loads of well known actors when they were younger. The characters are wicked, and you can just imagine quiet but quite athletic Pony, good looking Soda, muscly Darry etc.
Jonatan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Linda)
He, I made a book report on it in primary, my teatcher subtracted a few marks cus I didnt spoil the ending ...
Sire
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The Raven - Edgar Allen Poe
The Geebung Polo Club - Banjo Patterson
Linda
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
The Raven - Edgar Allen Poe
The Geebung Polo Club - Banjo Patterson
My mom made me (try to) memorise the Raven when I was younger. She knows it by heart and thought I should to. At least I impressed my literature teacher, who (luckily) stopped me after one stanza when asked if anyone had ever heard of it. Poe rocks though.
Jonatan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kebab22)
Am interested in people's favourite poems. I know its hard, but if you like, favourite poem of the moment:

Mine has got to be either Philp Larkin "Aubade" or "This be the verse"
There was a young lady from Limne
Who ate some apples and died
The apples fermented,
inside the lamented,
made cider inside her inside.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Linda)
My mom made me (try to) memorise the Raven when I was younger. She knows it by heart and thought I should to. At least I impressed my literature teacher, who (luckily) stopped me after one stanza when asked if anyone had ever heard of it. Poe rocks though.
Poe goes off Try the Geebung Polo Club though. Patterson had a gift for doing light comedic comedy when he wanted to. Though I guess The Man From Snowy River still rates as his greatest by the general populous.
http://members.iinet.net.au/~newtoy/..._polo_club.htm <--- Give it a look people.
Julia O.
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i dont really have a favorite... i usually go for concrete poems cuz they're just fun or else really deep ones like lao-tzu's or from religious writings
Linda
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Poe goes off Try the Geebung Polo Club though. Patterson had a gift for doing light comedic comedy when he wanted to. Though I guess The Man From Snowy River still rates as his greatest by the general populous.
http://members.iinet.net.au/~newtoy/..._polo_club.htm <--- Give it a look people.
ROFL - yeah that's great
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (475)
91.52%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (44)
8.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise