Are the accommodation committee fresher's nights worth going on? Watch

username251676
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I'm talking about the nights such as these: http://studentgrill.com/OH/

(that one is for oak house, my accommodation, but they're all slightly different)

Are these nights any good? Is it worth buying an advance ticket for £35?

It seems good value (according to my friend: it would be far more than that if you paid for them all separately and the venues are mostly good), but it's king of difficult to commit to buying an advance ticket when I have little idea what the different places are like, or if any friends of the friends I will (hopefully!!) make when I arrive will even want to go...

Or would I have a far better time not buying a ticket for the whole week and being a bit more flexible? I'm worried I'll miss out on flat parties if I go to all of those nights included in the advance ticket, and that they may be a bit repetitive / have all the same people who bought the same passes every night. Any idea if you can buy the tickets individually and how much they would cost?
PoisonDonna
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hmmm. If you buy the advance ticket you might find other stuff you might wanna do on the same nights, which might result in a loss of money, and you can go to those places of your own accord too of course.

Personally I wouldn't, because I wouldn't wanna buy it then find out the rest of my flat/friends didn't! I mean they can obviously go too, but you're gonna wanna explore different clubs on your own too
nick90
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
so you have received that e mail too
i wouldn't buy in advance
sugarplumragdoll
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Don't bother with buying in advance, when you get there/find friends decide what people feel like going on. Each night is pretty much the same as the last so you probably won't want to do every single one... last year we spent a couple of nights in freshers week exploring different bars/clubs in the city instead of the arranged club night.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Manchester
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
    Sat, 22 Jun '19
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.83%
No - but I will (88)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (560)
47.82%

Watched Threads