Female Anglican priest? Watch

Greekeey
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Recently, I've been drawn into becoming an Anglican priest because of the fact that I feel in my heart it's the right thing to do, and to live a good christian life, what else that to guide those who are also seeking that way of life.

However, I know in the Catholic and Orthodox churches a female can not become a priest, but I'm not sure about the Anglican church. Also, I know the Anglican church is more liberal than the others and that male priests can have a wife etc, but does anyone know if a female can?

Thanks
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Er, yes, there are women Anglican priests. Yes, Anglican clergy can get married too - man or woman.

The possible creation of female bishops is quite a big thing in the C of E at the moment. If you're a member of the church, I'd be surprised that you hadn't come across these issues before...

Still, best of luck to you.
Diaz89
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't see why you should if it's against the bible?
nolongerhearthemusic
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
St. Paul would not approve.
Greekeey
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I'm not a member of the Anglican church, I'm a member of the Orthodox church. I obviously can't become a priest in the Orthodox church, so I'm now going to the Anglican church.
mrt23498
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Read the BIBLE
Schott
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
As mentioned above there's nothing stopping you and no barriers to becoming a member of the clergy in the Church of England. Husband is OK. Some members of the church might even say a female partner is OK. But at least that means it's going in the right direction. Good luck.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (312)
37.68%
No - but I will (64)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.49%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (390)
47.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed