The Student Room Group

It's official - the highest paid degrees 2009.

SOURCE

I know there is already a thread about this in the Economics subforum but there is no general one.

So the highest paid average starting salaries by degrees in the UK are:

1. Cambridge - Economics - £38,279
2. LSE - Economics - £34,441
3. Imperial - Computer Science - £33,000
4. Queen's Belfast - Clinical Medicine - £32,490
5. LSE - Mathematical Sciences - £32,304
6. Imperial - Mechanical Engineering - £32,286
7. Oxford - Business Studies - £31,677
8. Glasgow - Clinical Medicine - £31,515
9. Queen's Belfast - Medicine and Denistry - £31,080

Listed above are all the degrees with average starting salary above £31k.

So, how does your course rate?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
have u got the link to the website or anything?
Reply 2
I'll be doing Imperial - Mech Eng. OH SNAP! starting salaries aren't everything however, Law isn't there but going into an extensive career as a solicitor can sometimes pay millions. Just an observation that the highest paid jobs might not be represented.
Less than half of the top one.

But at least I will have job satisfaction :awesome:
Reply 4
Est.1989
have u got the link to the website or anything?

the source is listed at the very top.

article link here
Reply 5
26th for Computer Science - The University of Sheffield £22,625
Reply 6
Easywellyes
the source is listed at the very top.

article link here

thanks
i know...i haven't put office on my laptop, so cant view it
My undergrad one at Roehampton -> £17,805
Reply 8
I clicked on the source and it gave me an excel document with only english, media, economics, and electrical/mech/civil engineering :s-smilie:
Reply 9
O-Ren
I clicked on the source and it gave me an excel document with only english, media, economics, and electrical/mech/civil engineering :s-smilie:

There are arrows in the bottom of the program, where the spreadsheet options change if you press left/right
Given that the University of Oxford doesn't have a degree in business studies, I'd treat that source with a degree of caution.
I haven't read hardly any of this thread but I'll just point out that law is likely not there as it requires at least one more year of study post university to become a solicitor or barrister (ie you require a postgraduate degree and so you can't go straight from university into a 'proper' law job).

Merely an observation.

Ah yes, it measures what you're earning 6 months after graduation. 6 months after graduation any students going into law are still at university.
Reply 12
This is useless. Most courses don't have any figures!
Reply 13
My degree isn't in the languages list. Although we're 4 in the country to do it, I'm the only one doing it at my uni, so I'm not really surprised.
Easywellyes
So, how does your course rate?

7th for the subject :yay: but that's still only 19,501. The highest paid is LSE with 23,470.
Reply 15
Sad, sad, sad, sad, sad :frown:
Reply 16
13th with £24,948.

As I said in the economics forum, though, it'd be nice if they also included the median salaries so we have more to compare.
my university/degree isn't on there :frown:

interesting that law graduates from uel have a much higher average than a law grad from manchester, for example.
Reply 18
£23,273 for Civil Engineering at Swansea University... but surely (and ideally) it would be higher for MEng students, this figure must take into account both BEng and MEng graduates.

I'm fairly content.
£18,382 :teeth:

Latest

Trending

Trending