The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

I'll be 21 when I go to Brookes. Is that too old?

I know it doesn't sound old, but considering most people are graduating at that age, I'd really like to know from current students whether 21 is a 'normal' age for Brookes first years : S

I've been to 2 other Unis already, but the courses didn't really work out for me. I'm considering the History of Art course.

Please let me know what you honestly think. I'd really like to know ^_^
I was 31 when I began my first degree, 36 when I did my second and now at 48 I'm doing my third. Follow your own trajectory and dismiss any notion of 'normal' that doesn't square with what you're after.
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 2
To put it simply - nope.
Reply 3
Your never too old :smile: I started my degree at 24, and there are people on my course nearly 20yrs my senior, not many but a few.
noooo :|
101... then maybe your getting too old...
you'v got a few years to get there yet :|
there was a guy 23 i was at uni with
and a 2 ladies in there 40s or 50s on my course...
(only issue i had with it was the one who "hung out" with a group of girls n dressed the same as them... :s-smilie: twas weird... n she flirted with the lecturer :|)
x
I started university at 21...I actaully think i was in a much better position than lots of the freshers, more mature etc..... just enjoy yourself!
Reply 6
Definitely not! There are much more people older than that who get just as much out of it.
I am 20 and will be starting next week, will be 21 a couple of weeks after lol!
In my flat:
Two aged 18, one is 19, one is 21, one is 22 and the other is 23.

And we all get along fine.
*Lotti*
I know it doesn't sound old, but considering most people are graduating at that age, I'd really like to know from current students whether 21 is a 'normal' age for Brookes first years : S

I've been to 2 other Unis already, but the courses didn't really work out for me. I'm considering the History of Art course.

Please let me know what you honestly think. I'd really like to know ^_^

No way, my boyfriends older then me and started uni this year at reading and one of his flatmates who started this year is 21.he still gets along with everyone else just as well as the 18yr olds do. it's really nothing to worry about :smile: there's people even older that start as well x
Reply 10
If i get to start in sept i will be 27 !
My friend is already at brookes and she is 28 and on first year of adult nursing :smile:

Your be fine
Reply 11
If I get in next year I'll be 23.

They take a high proportion of 'mature' students (those 21 y/o and over) so I highly doubt you'll be the oldest on your course :smile:
Reply 12
No way! I'll be nearly 23 when I start *hopefully* at Brookes!
I'll be just about 21 when starting in September too. Don't worry about it,people don't really care what age other people are as long as they don't look ancient. :P

Latest

Trending

Trending