Get bleeding when i'm not on period Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
It's not like period blood.. it's just when I use toilet paper. It's not like i've cut myself or anything, cos it comes from the same place. Sometimes it's defiently blood, sometimes it's a very dark brown. And also sometimes I get a bit of a tummy ache. My mum said it's probably nothing to worry about, but it's happening quite regualry during periods now, and these last couple of days been quite a bit, well not loads, just when I use loo roll. I don't know if it is nothing to worry about. Dunno if I should go to the docs or not (last time I saw her she called me an attention seeker :mad: ).. so I decided to post my problem on TSR :rolleyes:
Anonymous #2
Report 9 years ago
I get it too. I don't know what it is, but it hasn't happened often enough for me to worry about it yet. Mine is always bright red though, and I'm not sure where it's coming from. I'm sure I haven't cut myself too though.

Doctor called you an attention seeker?What a *****, what else is she there for?
Rocious
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
most doctors aren't ass*****es. can you see a different one?

i mean really it's probably nothing, it's not really that uncommon.. but if you're worried about it, peace of mind is worth a visit to a (nicer) doctor.
The_Goose
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
are you on the pill at all?
Lizj
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Does it happen in the middle of your cycle, half-way between periods? If it does, then it is probably ovulation bleeding, which is normal. The pains are normal too, they are called "mittelschmerz".
But if it's not that, any bleeding between periods should be investigated by your doctor, it could be a sign that you have an infection or a problem with your cervix. Is there not another doctor you could see?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by The_Goose)
are you on the pill at all?
Nope.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Lizj)
Does it happen in the middle of your cycle, half-way between periods? If it does, then it is probably ovulation bleeding, which is normal. The pains are normal too, they are called "mittelschmerz".
But if it's not that, any bleeding between periods should be investigated by your doctor, it could be a sign that you have an infection or a problem with your cervix. Is there not another doctor you could see?
This time it's happening a couple of days after my period has stopped. But I suppose it's normally around half way.

Thanks for explaining this.

I might as well go along one day, just incase, and won't do any harm.
Cheers
Lover's Knot
Badges: 1
Report 9 years ago
How many times do you visit the loo a day?
Trishyy
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
What kind of loo paper are you using?? Sounds lethal?!
but ja, I remember in the first few years of my period.

It should settle over a few months but I don't know how normal/how long it's been for you? But getting checked out seems the best thing to do which you've said you'r going to do so ooookay
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (571)
37.71%
No - but I will (119)
7.86%
No - I don't want to (109)
7.2%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (715)
47.23%

Watched Threads