Bloctober anyone? Watch

Tesssa
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hey anyone else going to any Bloc Party gig from this tour?...Im going to Plymouth...heard that they arent that great live, but neverless I cant wait.

anyone else going?
what is their playlist gonna be, any ideas?
will they mostly just play latest stuff from intimacy, or also older things from first two albums...?
pinkpenguin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Are you kidding? The Bloc are awesome live. The only song that doesn't sound as 'big' as its studio recording is Flux.

Helicopter = :coma: live. I've never gone so mental in my life!

I can't believe I'm missing them :sad: I'm at uni so can't really escape to see a Bloc Party gig. Ah well, next time.
Kreuzuerk
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've seen them twice before and can safely say that they are exceptional live. I'm seeing them in Leeds and Southend. Desperately want them to play Ion Square and Selfish Son.
cowsforsale
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
They are amazing live, flux is exceptional when all the strobe lights come on banquet is great. get to the front so you can get all nice and sweaty...
Tesssa
(Original post by cowsforsale)
get to the front so you can get all nice and sweaty...
I'll try to do just that...thanks all for the replies...they make me even more exited...:woo:
yesboss
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
there's no london date is there? seen them a few times live, only at festivals though, they were great every time apart from when i saw them at leeds a couple weeks ago. thought the setlist wasn't very good...played too many songs from their new album which i reckon is ****...also the sound wasn't great. would like to go to an actual bloc party gig sometime though...
Tesssa
(Original post by yesboss)
there's no london date is there? seen them a few times live, only at festivals though, they were great every time apart from when i saw them at leeds a couple weeks ago. thought the setlist wasn't very good...played too many songs from their new album which i reckon is ****...also the sound wasn't great. would like to go to an actual bloc party gig sometime though...
no london date no...
unknownpleasures
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Leeds Academy

I've seen them twice at Leeds Fest... they were exceptional this year but a bit average the year before. Always annoys me that Kele has some giant love for Reading, it's like he's been cheating on us when he tells them they're the better crowd. Oh well, it'll be nice to see them at an inside venue. Better atmosphere.
bloctober
Report 9 years ago
yessss, brighton centre, less than two weeks! i hope its a mix of the albums, a few classics thrown there, aswell as some new stuff
Blazor
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Saw them over the summer in Portugal, it was immense. You'll have an amazing time I imagine, o and when helicopter comes on, it'll go crazy.
woofums
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
:yep: Going to see them in Brighton and am very excited
ArtGoblin
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I saw them at Glastonbury and it was amazing. I'm annoyed because they're coming to Stoke (and no-one decent ever comes to Stoke...) and I'm not there.
Kreuzuerk
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've just back from seeing them in Leeds. They flipping played Kreuzberg!!! unreal.
bananaslug77
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I saw them on tuesday in Aberdeen, it was EXCELLENT!!! Kele climbed into the balcony where me and my bf were and he ran round letting everyone shake his hand (including me *swoon*) it was amazing
unknownpleasures
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Two encores at Leeds.... amazing.

What sort of tw*t starts a mosh pit to This Modern Love though?
Kreuzuerk
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by unknownpleasures)
Two encores at Leeds.... amazing.

What sort of tw*t starts a mosh pit to This Modern Love though?
I know! You always get a few idiots a gigs. Now I prefer so stand a little further back so you get more room to dance about as opposed to being crushed right at the front.

Yeah the two encores was pretty spesh.
Dricambo
Report 9 years ago
I'm seeing them in Bournemouth
TTD
Report 9 years ago
Seeing them this friday in Newport and next thursday in Truro! Been a fan for years, never been able to get to a gig before and now they're playing my hometown and near my uni town! Awesome! so can't wait to finally see them!
unknownpleasures
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think they're a bit big for the academies now... they seem slightly more arena-sized. But I'm glad they've stuck to smallish places, I don't think I've ever been too impressed with any arena gigs apart from Muse..
Róisín!?
Report 9 years ago
I'm going to see them on Thursday in Birmingham! I literally can't wait! Should be a good night! :woo:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (255)
38.93%
No - but I will (45)
6.87%
No - I don't want to (47)
7.18%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (308)
47.02%

Watched Threads