Turn on thread page Beta

TSR Environmental Awareness Special Announcement! watch

ReputationRep:
    A logo, Gwennie, is a great idea :adore: :cool: Not sure what if we'd be allowed one tho, or what we'd use for it. Perhaps a tree or something.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I'll join please! I've always been passionate on environmental issues - and I'm doing bio and geography next year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Final_F)
    Oh I'll join please! I've always been passionate on environmental issues - and I'm doing bio and geography next year!
    I'm studying them too - next semester! :p: Cool choices :cool: Of course that's a bit biased now :rolleyes: but oh well

Of course I'll add you to the list!

DB_x

ReputationRep:
    Everyone welcome our newest member, Final_F

:party:

DB_x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella83)
    Everyone welcome our newest member, Final_F

:party:

DB_x
    Wahoo! Well I'll put it in my sig!

ReputationRep:
    Just thought I'd ask members if they'd like a logo for this society?

There is already a logo for the TSR Green Party, but this is different. I decided to bring this up b/c while many other societies have logos, we do not yet.

I'm not sure what the logo will be, but if you have any ideas, feel free to post them

DB_x

ReputationRep:
    woo woo we rock

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite keen having a nice logo.

ReputationRep:
    I think a bright green tree as a logo would be nice, simple, but obvious. Was thinking about it a bit this morning. What do the rest of you think? It's okay, I'm open to suggestions, so if you don't like the idea of that/have another idea, then let me know :p:

Gwenyth! came up with the cool idea of a flower, which is prolly more aesthetically pleasing than a tree, but we're still to let A know of our plans.

Does anyone know when he can next 'return' to TSR, because as far as I know, I'm meant to ask him about the logos.

DB_x

ReputationRep:
    Hm for me, a tree is more symbolic of "environmental protection" whereas a flower might be a tad too "girlie" for a society that isn't based on gender? Haha anyway, if we are going ahead with the tree idea, what about a palm tree? (Sorry, just got back from the Maldives. Will be posting pictures up later here an d at the Gallery)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leigh787)
    Hm for me, a tree is more symbolic of "environmental protection" whereas a flower might be a tad too "girlie" for a society that isn't based on gender? Haha anyway, if we are going ahead with the tree idea, what about a palm tree? (Sorry, just got back from the Maldives. Will be posting pictures up later here an d at the Gallery)
    Hehe cool. Oh and look, you even had it in your location, what a gem you are :p:

Well that's the reason why I thought a tree would be good, for its symbolic value, plus there are heaps of male members too. Bit funny about the increased potential for having people label us 'tree-huggers' tho, as the logo might provoke it, but apart from that the tree thing looks good to me. Or anything green.

DB_x

ReputationRep:
    Whoops, sorry-- meant to say that I was going to post different pics up at the photog soc and the Gallery, not here.

Since I said it already, I'll just give a wee lil attachment here for those who are curious.

As for the potential teasing.. heehee I say bank on the stereotype here! Make our position loud and clear! :p:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Please can I join?

Also, I heard that TSR is not accepting new logos for societies for a while because of bandwidth limits or something. I don't know if the situation has changed yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternal Fantasy)
    Please can I join?

Also, I heard that TSR is not accepting new logos for societies for a while because of bandwidth limits or something. I don't know if the situation has changed yet.
    Yep, you sure can and thanks for the info!

DB_xx

ReputationRep:
    Yay everyone welcome our newest member Eternal Fantasy!

She's from the Geography forums (I think :confused: ) so there's another reason to add to her like-ability :p:

Have just updated the list, 18/7/05.

DB_x

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the welcome, Danni!

ReputationRep:
    Welcome, Eternal Fantasy!

Hey, about the logo-- how about just a simple green leaf with a bit of a stem? *shrugs* Like a symbol of rejuvenation.

ReputationRep:
    hmm not too sure about a tree logo but a palm tree sounds good, o what about a 4x4 being crushed by something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commander V)
    hmm not too sure about a tree logo but a palm tree sounds good, o what about a 4x4 being crushed by something?

lol a palm tree might look too much like a cannabis leaf when small! hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cazzi_Bear)
    lol a palm tree might look too much like a cannabis leaf when small!
    Hehe good point :p:

Well it wouldn't be too difficult for most, esp non-members of this soc to draw that conclusion if you think about it and this was the same concern I had with the tree (tho it was about us being called tree-huggers *but if she stops mentioning it, maybe it won't happen!* ).

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.