Really confused / paranoid Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Anon or delete please

Ok, so this may sound like the stupidest thing ever, but I'm really paranoid that my bf is still in love with his ex.

I've been cheated on loads of times in the past which has given me some major trust issues.

Now, when I first met my current bf he was still in love with his ex. He used to say that he couldn't imagine ever getting over her. We've been together nearly 1 year now, and he still keeps e-mails and messages from her that say how much she loves him etc.

He also talks to her on msn and via text message quite frequently, telling me that I dont need to worry, it's all in the past etc. But if it's all in the past, why is he still talking to her so much?

Am I right to be upset about this? Or am I just being really stupid? Help!!!
Trishyy
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
He's definitely playing you for a fool. If he's willing to give her up and make a fresh start for you then fine but I really don't think he wants to do anything like that. To save yourself from heartache and from wasting any more time with him, just dump him and move on. No self-respecting girl should put up with this kind of **** esp. when he knows you have been hurt before.
Carrie_tbo18
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
I think you should get rid of him. I've been in your position and It's not nice. You don't deserve to be treated like this. Unless he gives her up completely you should get rid.
Mr Roboto
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Eeeek. Erm, the keeping email thing is a little OTT, but nothing wrong with keeping in touch with an ex...

I'd have a go at looking him in the eye and having a clear cut conversation/confrontation with him, not letting him dodge it or play the emotional blackmail card. It could go either way - he gives her up completely, deletes all emails and ties... or you end up leaving him. End of. But unless you make the move, you're the loser in this situation.

Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.86%
No - but I will (88)
7.52%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (559)
47.78%

Watched Threads