Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Aack
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Civil service needing to "deal with them" would surely equate to increased wages for the government and more people claiming social benefits.

Are you retarded?
DOA
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by Aack)
Civil service needing to "deal with them" would surely equate to increased wages for the government and more people claiming social benefits.
Are you retarded?
explain please
dungeonkeepr
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
They create jobs, not just in needing to be dealt with, but by the fact that they earn wages, need to spend the wages, causing more products to be created, causing people to earn more wages etc. If they're not let in, they'll only do that in another country. Also, should we complain that people who are willing and better able to do the job than we currently have are doing it? Or is it so important that the product is made by a national that it doesn't matter if the product/servicee is of poor quality or more expensive than it could be?
Carl
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...sts_Episode_1/

listen to this about immigration. I got so mad at the guy from Migration Watch. I work with migrants (both legal and illegal!), and they do work hard. The guy advocating unrestricted immigration is spot on; he posits that the only reason people come to Britain and stay is that they are worried that should they leave they will not get permission to return, and cites numerous examples where when border controls are loosened (such as within the EU, and between the USA and Mexico) migration tends to become seasonal rather than permanent as it enables people to retain links with their home country and spend at least part of the year in their home country. Free migration creates a freer labour market, and this is what scares those who oppose migration.
Nick_000
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Carl)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...sts_Episode_1/

listen to this about immigration. I got so mad at the guy from Migration Watch. I work with migrants (both legal and illegal!), and they do work hard. The guy advocating unrestricted immigration is spot on; he posits that the only reason people come to Britain and stay is that they are worried that should they leave they will not get permission to return, and cites numerous examples where when border controls are loosened (such as within the EU, and between the USA and Mexico) migration tends to become seasonal rather than permanent as it enables people to retain links with their home country and spend at least part of the year in their home country. Free migration creates a freer labour market, and this is what scares those who oppose migration.
No, what scares those who oppose vast levels of immigration is the fact that you end up with people in your country who refuse to integrate, refuse to accept the culture, segregate themselves and eventually breed extremism and try to kill us.

Fortunately, that hasn't happened yet. Oh, wait...
Aeolus
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Nick_000)
No, what scares those who oppose vast levels of immigration is the fact that you end up with people in your country who refuse to integrate, refuse to accept the culture, segregate themselves and eventually breed extremism and try to kill us.

Overdramatic much. :rolleyes:
Gremlins
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

Have you thought the fact that some people in minority groups go extremist is because people like you are trying to tell them how they should live? That kinda stuff generates quite a big backlash.
Easywellyes
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It doesn't help to improve spelling though, does it?
Nick_000
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Aeolus)
Overdramatic much. :rolleyes:
Hmmm, I find it a pretty apt description.
Nick_000
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Gremlins)
Have you thought the fact that some people in minority groups go extremist is because people like you are trying to tell them how they should live? That kinda stuff generates quite a big backlash.
Its not a question of telling them how to live. We have a culture and a way of life that should be respected. I doubt we'd get away with 2 for 1 WKD drinks and free entry for girls not wearing any underwear in say Iran would we? :p:

My point is, if people aren't willing to accept our culture and are simply going to protest against it and make a nuisance of themselves then they shouldn't be here. That applies for every immigrant in every country all around the world.
Aeolus
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My point is, if people aren't willing to accept our culture and are simply going to protest against it and make a nuisance of themselves then they shouldn't be here. That applies for every immigrant in every country all around the world.
Are you actually aware of how much of a minority those immigrants who protest against the west and freedom actually represent. You keep naively giving them all the spotlight, which is exactly what they want. They want the tension, they want the resentment against their people. You are stupidly playing into their hands just like everyone else who thinks we are witnessing some kind of foreign revolution.
AutVinceriAutMori
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Its not a question of telling them how to live. We have a culture and a way of life that should be respected. I doubt we'd get away with 2 for 1 WKD drinks and free entry for girls not wearing any underwear in say Iran would we? :p:

Yes, and that is why Briatin is called a democratic country and Iran is in effective dictatorship :rolleyes: Just because they are not doing something right (i.e not allowing civil liberty to exist in the country), doesn't mean we should do it too.
Kerbiggaboo
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Aeolus)
Are you actually aware of how much of a minority those immigrants who protest against the west and freedom actually represent. You keep naively giving them all the spotlight, which is exactly what they want. They want the tension, they want the resentment against their people. You are stupidly playing into their hands just like everyone else who thinks we are witnessing some kind of foreign revolution.
This.
Carl
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Let me posit this idea: the nation state as we know it, with border controls and the rest, is an invention of the 20th century. Before then, we could go where we want. Surely freedom of movement is the most basic human right? Why do Brits and Americans have the right to travel (largely) anywhere, but people of poorer countries have their ability to cross borders legally greatly limited. Is this not an imposition on the rights of these people? Is it not hypocritical to place restrictions on the movement of poorer people whilst expecting that citizens of developed nations have a right to visa waivers and free entry to other nations. Open borders are the natural state of things and to place border restrictions is to violate the right of our common man.

Oh, and Nick_000, what a load of ****. Lack of integration does not in itself cause terrorism, a much wider set of factors cause that. Perhaps if migrants to the UK could have come and gone freely (instead of being forced to settle, bringing their families, communities, and satellite TV with them) then we wouldn't have the existing problem of migrant communities who have ringfenced themselves. Our border policy deliberatly makes migrants feel like outsiders and forces them to display outsider behaviour. Our policy has alienated them and the status quo is the result of that failure. They are alienated both from our way of life, but also from that of their homeland. The current policy helps no-one. What do you suggest?
joe4wolves
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hahah.. What?
Asert
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Haha, so the British 'culture' and 'way of life' revolves around cheap alcopops? well then ****, even i havent integrated, want to deport me?
Nick_000
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Asert)
Haha, so the British 'culture' and 'way of life' revolves around cheap alcopops? well then ****, even i havent integrated, want to deport me?
It was joke. Hence the :p:
Nick_000
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Carl)
Let me posit this idea: the nation state as we know it, with border controls and the rest, is an invention of the 20th century. Before then, we could go where we want. Surely freedom of movement is the most basic human right? Why do Brits and Americans have the right to travel (largely) anywhere, but people of poorer countries have their ability to cross borders legally greatly limited. Is this not an imposition on the rights of these people? Is it not hypocritical to place restrictions on the movement of poorer people whilst expecting that citizens of developed nations have a right to visa waivers and free entry to other nations. Open borders are the natural state of things and to place border restrictions is to violate the right of our common man.

Oh, and Nick_000, what a load of ****. Lack of integration does not in itself cause terrorism, a much wider set of factors cause that. Perhaps if migrants to the UK could have come and gone freely (instead of being forced to settle, bringing their families, communities, and satellite TV with them) then we wouldn't have the existing problem of migrant communities who have ringfenced themselves. Our border policy deliberatly makes migrants feel like outsiders and forces them to display outsider behaviour. Our policy has alienated them and the status quo is the result of that failure. They are alienated both from our way of life, but also from that of their homeland. The current policy helps no-one. What do you suggest?
I suggest if they feel so hard done by then they simply don't come.
Carl
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I suggest if they feel so hard done by then they simply don't come. You pathetic liberals; So whiny.
You see, instead of offering a solution to our current problem, you dismiss me as whiny and then make an irrelevant comment (migrants are here, and only the BNP is suggesting they be sent home). What is your solution? Why don't you address the points in my post? You're like all modern politicians, preferring to ignore current problems, blame them on the predeccesors, and avoid even examining the hard decisions that need to be taken to reach a solution. Radical reform is needed in many areas of policy (especially immigration reform), and yet the best you can come up with is "if they don't like it they should not have come". Well done, I hope you get your Nobel Prize.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (308)
37.47%
No - but I will (64)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (61)
7.42%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (389)
47.32%

Watched Threads