Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Morning All!

Did graphics for GCSE and got an A (so close to a*!) and for some mad reason i didnt do it at AS...yea im stupid i know!

So, im thinking of taking it up next year.

Everyone who did this course i need ya help...

what was the course like?
    Enjoyable?
    workload?
    wasy/hard/moderate?

Any1 think i would be able to do the AS exams in jan, then do the A2 exams in june and get an A?

Anyhelp you can offer-much appreciated!
    Thanks guys!

ReputationRep:
    Just finished taking all ma AS exams, one of which was AS Product Design (Graphics). Im sitting on the fence atm with this subject!

I found da coursework really easy. We did 2 different courseworks, board OCR. None of the cwk involved actually making a product tho. One cwk was designing and stating improvements of development or summit (30%). The otha cwk was something about improving a system (40%). Coursework is worth 70% with OCR.

I got 109/120 marks in da designin cwk, and an estimated 83/90 in the system cwk.
    I enjoyed it but there was a lot of work. If u do take it up, stick to the deadlines set. Helps a lot seeing as i didnt n rushed a lot of the stuff at da end of da course.

I seriously doubt you will be able to sit AS in Jan and A2 in june!. Because that will involve doing 4 courseworks in 1 year!!...if u were to do it with OCR. Im not sure about other exam boards. My AS courseworks started in september n finished in April! And we are starting our A2 coursework when our study leave finishes! (2weeks!)

And im really annoyed atm, coz im predicted an A in graphics, but really messed up my exams this week! seriously doubt ill get an A now. Da exam woz difficult i thought. but then again im really poor at exams

hope any of that helps mate

(Original post by Shortiblu)
    Morning All!

Did graphics for GCSE and got an A (so close to a*!) and for some mad reason i didnt do it at AS...yea im stupid i know!

So, im thinking of taking it up next year.

Everyone who did this course i need ya help...

what was the course like?
    Enjoyable?
    workload?
    wasy/hard/moderate?

Any1 think i would be able to do the AS exams in jan, then do the A2 exams in june and get an A?

Anyhelp you can offer-much appreciated!
    Thanks guys!

ReputationRep:
    To tell the truth, now I'm at the end of my course with only two exams to go, I am wishing I hadn't done it. I didn't do it for GCSE so I had to learn everything during the A-level course. It's up to you. Good fun, if your teacher actually taught you in the AS-year. We spent all of the AS-year doing coursework, and then crammed all the theory into the last 2 weeks. Not good enough, therefore had to do 5 units of 6 this year.

Go for it if your going into an art degree of some kind. If not, give it a miss, unless you've got a good teacher.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.