The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Reply 1
ScottyLP
I guessed that a few people may get problems with it, so I'm making a thread about it.

Anyway, I clicked the link that said "Enrol Online Now" and I've been taken to their Intranet which requires Username and Password, where do I get my username and password?

Your username is listed in your enrolment pack you should have recieved along with details for logging onto the intranet for the first time.

Your intranet password is your username (in numbers) followed by your date of birth (eg - 123456/dd/mm/yyyy).
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Reply 2
Can anyone else not enrol online?

To finish enrolling you need to set up a direct debit to pay tuition fees and I haven't received any payment from Student Finance England, so what do I do? I've set up a direct debit for my accommodation fees which I am paying out of my own money and I don't think I can afford to do the same for the tuition fees as well. -I'll have no money for food!

I guess it's something to do with this but I am getting a little worried now. I always thought the loan for your tuition fee is paid direct to your university but now it sounds like I've got it wrong.

Anyone else in the same boat?

-Leo

EDIT: emailed the uni, got a good response that explained what to do. If you need to know; quote me.
guppygould
Can anyone else not enrol online?

To finish enrolling you need to set up a direct debit to pay tuition fees and I haven't received any payment from Student Finance England, so what do I do? I've set up a direct debit for my accommodation fees which I am paying out of my own money and I don't think I can afford to do the same for the tuition fees as well. -I'll have no money for food!

I guess it's something to do with this but I am getting a little worried now. I always thought the loan for your tuition fee is paid direct to your university but now it sounds like I've got it wrong.

Anyone else in the same boat?

-Leo

EDIT: emailed the uni, got a good response that explained what to do. If you need to know; quote me.

I need to know as I'm in the same situation regarding enrolement. Any chance you don't mind sharing what to do please? :smile:
Reply 4
SwallowedInTheSea
I need to know as I'm in the same situation regarding enrolement. Any chance you don't mind sharing what to do please? :smile:

Dear Leo

Student Finance do pay us directly as you say but we have not yet had confirmation of this. Don’t worry, there are hundreds of students in the same situation. What we are advising students to do is complete the direct debit mandate on line, this will enable you to enrol. No money would be taken from your account until 13th November, by which time student finance should have confirmed your loan and therefore we would not apply to your bank for the fee. Hope this helps? Feel free to call me on my number below if you need to.

Regards

Andy

Andy Beazley

Income Assistant

Finance Dept

Swansea University

Hope this helps,

-Leo
Reply 5
guppygould
Hope this helps,

-Leo

Ah, fab! Thank you :smile:
Reply 6
The University assumes all students are self funding unless proof of loan is produced. Where the University has not yet received this confirmation then yes indeed students are asked either to pay in full at enrolment and then have it refunded when the loan is confirmed or else complete a direct debit. The first option is not recommended for obvious reasons but most peopler do sign up for the direct debit (which can be done as part of online enrolment). The first instalment is not due to be taken until November 13th so currently that is giving approx 8 weeks breathing space. A further safeguard is that the University cannot take a payment without giving 10 days notice in writing. So if the situation still remains unresolved by the end of October and an e mail is received giving notice of a forthcoming fee instalment then please contact the Finance Department urgently. Students are required to regularly check their student email accounts and this is the only method by which fee reminders are sent. The vast majority of students without loan confirmation at the moment will find that their tuition fee loan information falls into place well before the direct debit due date. If you are one of the few (the very few) who are still having problems please do not ignore any fee correspondence
Reply 7
Where is the user-name in the enrollment pack?

I also want to be clear on what you define as the enrollment pack.
Reply 8
I just can't enrol now. I could log on the other day...but now it just won't let me. I'll just wait til i get there tomorrow.

Latest