Car Parks Near Keele Watch

lush_lady
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hi there, just got a letter from security saying that i can't take have a parking permit but what i could do is park off campus all day and bring the car back on capus after 5.30. It would be a hassle to do this but atleast i'll be able to get home

So i was wondering if anyone knows of any car parks near Keele that i could use? and have any idea how much they cost?

I was looking into a private car park as well where i could park the car monday -friday.
Or if there is anywhere else i could park where there are no double yellow lines that isn't a car park.
So if anyone could give me any advice on this it would be very much appreciated
decoy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Have you ever visited Keele? It's in the countryside on top of a hill, no NCP around

You could park on the street up near Hawthorns in Keele village but it's not a car park and it depends on how many other people park up there. My mates boyfriend used to leave his car up that way if he stayed for like a week or something and he had no trouble.
lush_lady
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
thanks a lot i'll have to investigate when i get up these. I looked on internet and it said there was a car park about a mile out but if i can park it on a road it would be ok so thank you! thats twice you've saved me now btw i'm up to episode 13 on House
decoy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's like a 20 min walk from the main campus buildings, and less if you're living in Holly Cross or The Oaks (I call it Hollyoaks, i'm well original haha). Dunno where this mile away car park is though. As long as you don't block someones drive you might be alright Woo, glad they're still working, new HOUSE next Monday
lucy88
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Does anyone know if third years usually have trouble getting parking permits or not?
decoy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
All my friends had them last year Lucy, so you should be fine. Though I think I read on here they're cutting down the number of permits. I think if you apply early you should be fine Plus, they've just tarmacked our nearest car park (again i'm sure i read it somewhere). I could be making up these reads though as i've seen so many Keele things lately.
lucy88
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by decoy)
All my friends had them last year Lucy, so you should be fine. Though I think I read on here they're cutting down the number of permits. I think if you apply early you should be fine Plus, they've just tarmacked our nearest car park (again i'm sure i read it somewhere). I could be making up these reads though as i've seen so many Keele things lately.
Yeah, I saw it being retarmacked when I had a mate's wedding to attend at Keele hall. When you say early jenn, dya mean before term starts or just like first or second day?
decoy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
First few days I think. But tbh I can't see the problem as all my friends with cars had them last year and we all mostly lived in Barnes. One lived in Lindsay.
Fynch101
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I cant get to keele if they don't give me one, so if they dont im parking anyway. Its their own fault for not finding me accomodation in time.
MikeL230
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Fynch101)
I cant get to keele if they don't give me one, so if they dont im parking anyway. Its their own fault for not finding me accomodation in time.
Yeah, i'm driving too, so if i don't get one im screwed.
Dadeling
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Students living off campus are allowed parking permits
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Keele University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Jun '19
  • Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Jun '19
  • Keele University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Aug '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.84%
No - but I will (114)
7.83%
No - I don't want to (102)
7.01%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (689)
47.32%

Watched Threads