What do you guys think about marrying or dating cousins :S Watch

x_muneeb_x
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Most people on earth despise the fact that people marry and date there cousins e.g ur uncles son/daughter or ur aunts etc...

do u think if 2 people love each other like 2 cousins a girl and a guy or vice versa they should be allowed to date or marry?
hannahhi
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No, I don't think they should be. They're still blood related (most of the time) and in my mind that's just wrong.
Daina
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think it's illegal.
Aack
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
All I can say is that they would have to have a very tasty vagina.
Fleming
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Daina)
I think it's illegal.
It's illegal unless they are second cousins.
Anon the 7th
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
wrong
vinylmatt
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i suppose morally it's okay as if cousins have kids they have aren't likely to be deformed or anything.

but on the other hand does that mean siblings can have a relationship if they're on the pill?
tomo2000
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
its perfectly legal
Arctic_wombaT
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
:lolwut: no way
Miss Awesome
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Whatever suits u.
WildBerrySpirit
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's wrong.
x_muneeb_x
Rep:
?
i mean on the prospect ofcourse that the child does not get born retarded etc..
willow162
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
kind of gross really, but if they want to then they can.
ArtGoblin
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Fleming)
It's illegal unless they are second cousins.
It's legal if they're first cousins too.

I don't think it's wrong, but I wouldn't want to marry someone who was that related to me. Or related at all, tbh.
Tucking Fypo
Badges: 3
Report 9 years ago
:nn:
Flavity
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
This thread has actually been done to death in the past - do a search...
*Sparkle*
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think it's disgusting when the cousins have grown up together all their lives. But I guess if people meet older as cousins and are attracted to each other then I'm not going to judge them.
Lil Piranha
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It is actually legal to marry a first cousin. Personally, I find the idea horrific but it does happen. I guess you could say live and let live, but I don't think they should be allowed to have children, the risk of defects is far too great!

I think there was a story last year (?) about brother and sister twins who were seperated at birth and adopted and had no idea about each other, until they met, fell in love and got married. It was only then that they found out about their blood relationship. That must have been so horrible for them!

I think trying to draw the line about what is acceptable is very difficult. On one hand you have the laws on incest, the risks of inbreeding, the immorality of it, on the other you have the argument that it shouldn't matter if it is between 2 consenting adults. I wouldn't want to be the person who has to draw that line :/
x_muneeb_x
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lil Piranha)
It is actually legal to marry a first cousin. Personally, I find the idea horrific but it does happen. I guess you could say live and let live, but I don't think they should be allowed to have children, the risk of defects is far too great!

I think there was a story last year (?) about brother and sister twins who were seperated at birth and adopted and had no idea about each other, until they met, fell in love and got married. It was only then that they found out about their blood relationship. That must have been so horrible for them!

I think trying to draw the line about what is acceptable is very difficult. On one hand you have the laws on incest, the risks of inbreeding, the immorality of it, on the other you have the argument that it shouldn't matter if it is between 2 consenting adults. I wouldn't want to be the person who has to draw that line :/
yeah but what if no1 draws the line every1 lives how they want?
Lefty Leo
Badges: 10
Report 9 years ago
There was a massive argument in the TSR HOC about legalizing incest. Search the "incest bill" :wink2:

But my answer is: oh hail naw.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (499)
37.83%
No - but I will (101)
7.66%
No - I don't want to (90)
6.82%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (629)
47.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed