Registering for ITS account - it won't recognise my Uni No. Watch

Brouhaha
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Anyone got any idea why this is happening?
It says to enter my seven-digit student ID no. on my official offer letter/other uni documentation. Yet it says it's invalid. I enrolled this morning using said number, which went smoothly, yet the ITS account refuses to recognise it.
Obviously if the problem persists I'll contact the university but I thought I'd ask here first in case there's a simple thing I'm doing wrong.
Thanks in advance.
amar09
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Brouhaha)
Anyone got any idea why this is happening?
It says to enter my seven-digit student ID no. on my official offer letter/other uni documentation. Yet it says it's invalid. I enrolled this morning using said number, which went smoothly, yet the ITS account refuses to recognise it.
Obviously if the problem persists I'll contact the university but I thought I'd ask here first in case there's a simple thing I'm doing wrong.
Thanks in advance.
Same things happening to me. Not much we can be doing in terms of getting it wrong, so i'm assuming its a problem on their end.
Brouhaha
Rep:
?
Oh wicked, okay thanks.
rr3112
Report 9 years ago
this is happening to me too
Shonak
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
me also
ellejay
Report 9 years ago
same here.... but on the Welcome to Warwick homepage there is a message saying they are aware of the problem and are sorting it and to try again later.
Luce...
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I have the same problem.
I'm just going to leave it a bit and try again. =)
candle_holder
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
same problem here
KaramelRose
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It says the problem is intermittant, so I don't know whether to keep trying or just leave it until tomorrow. I suppose there's no rush - but I really want to get going!!! Ha ha.
g13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've lost count of how many times I have tried! So I will probably try once more tonight and if it's still now working, try tomorrow.
Imo1991
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's happening to me too so i'm just gonna wait till tomorrow!
Grape190190
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Moi aussi. :mad:
g13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I managed to register!
Brouhaha
Rep:
?
Same, seems to be working now!
Rob_dob
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Not quite the same q, but I've registered with ITS but I haven't got any sort of uni email address, just a username and password. Anyone got any idea what I'm doing wrong?
KaramelRose
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Rob_dob)
Not quite the same q, but I've registered with ITS but I haven't got any sort of uni email address, just a username and password. Anyone got any idea what I'm doing wrong?
There's a problem with the email system at the moment -it's being updated. So you won't be allocated an email address straight away. You can still log into your "my.warwick" page using your ITS details (the jibberish username and your password) and if you click on "My Student Data", then click "My Data" (I think it is), it should come up with your enrolment certificate. Then, if you click on My Details or My Data or something like that on the left hand menu on your enrolment certificate, it should say whether you've been allocated an email address yet.

OR

Just go to this website:

https://www.warwick.ac.uk/cgi-bin/se...2Femaildetails

And put in your Uni Id Number!
Rob_dob
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by KaramelRose)
There's a problem with the email system at the moment -it's being updated. So you won't be allocated an email address straight away. You can still log into your "my.warwick" page using your ITS details (the jibberish username and your password) and if you click on "My Student Data", then click "My Data" (I think it is), it should come up with your enrolment certificate. Then, if you click on My Details or My Data or something like that on the left hand menu on your enrolment certificate, it should say whether you've been allocated an email address yet.

OR

Just go to this website:

https://www.warwick.ac.uk/cgi-bin/se...2Femaildetails

And put in your Uni Id Number!
ah great cheers. Now I have two emails though, one with my name and another with my 6 digit username :s
KaramelRose
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Rob_dob)
ah great cheers. Now I have two emails though, one with my name and another with my 6 digit username :s
Yep! Don't worry - that's supposed to happen! Your name email address is almost like a front for the weirder one so it's easier to remember. They both send and recieve the same messages!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Jun '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.83%
No - but I will (88)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (560)
47.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise