Graduate/undergraduate degree finance Watch

fabbo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hi,
Bit of a tricky one that I'm trying to figure out. I went to uni at 19 to study an undergraduate degree in veterinary medicine. Due to ill health I had to leave and suspend my place on the course. During the time I have been recovering I have been studying for a degree in zoology at another institution (a less stenuous course). I still hold my undergraduate place in vetmed. I still want to do veterinary and would like to take up my place when I feel well enough. What I want to know is whether if I complete my zoology degree and graduate, will I still be entitled to my suspended place in vetmed (an undergraduate degree). I'm not sure if I would be expected to pay graduate fees as I would hold another degree despite my held place being on the undergraduate degree programme.
Any thoughts?
Thanks
x
fabbo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
up
threeportdrift
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No, you pay undergraduate fees to do an undergraduate course, and graduate fees to do a graduate course, it doesn't matter what qualifications you already hold.

The problem may be which undergrad fees you pay, because in most cases the LEA will only pay for four years or graduation from your first degree, whichever is first. So you might have to pay the full undergrad fee for the Vet Med course.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
38.94%
No - but I will (46)
6.78%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.52%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (317)
46.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise