D1 - ''bottlenecks''?????? Watch

This discussion is closed.
DaKe
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
quick question guys, what are they?? it comes up in chapter 8 page 227. the book just randomly draws a diagram labels it a bottleneck and starts doing questions!!

any help wud be great

thanks

Dake
goku999
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i dont know the exact definition but i would sat that a bottleneck is like sumit that limits the capacity of the flow through that arc, hence thats why a network can have a maximum flow.
rieuwa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by goku999)
i dont know the exact definition but i would sat that a bottleneck is like sumit that limits the capacity of the flow through that arc, hence thats why a network can have a maximum flow.
I agree... imagine having a street that can only hold 10 cars, and there is no other way to get where you want to go, other than using this street. No matter how hard you try (planes not allowed) you will not have a flow of more than 10 cars in that street at any instant, even if you have a motorway before and after which has a large capacity.

That street is preventing additional flow in your network. It is "bottlenecking" your network.

Hope it helps...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The results of this poll are hidden until the poll closes.

Watched Threads