Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    lol, do what my mate did, he had like a feeling and said he was coming over all hot and sweaty and just went toilet and came back,lol, it was soo funny, coz you knew he was faking but the school cant just say stop faking coz if sumthin happened theyd be in trouble, lol
    lol

ReputationRep:
    yeh they did, its actually amazing how many different phones there are, i know all them models, but cant remember important stuff, it was like a ramble for evryone to get their phones, lol

ReputationRep:
    In my History exam I drank water, but the invidulator moved it on the floor, then whispered in my ear,

'Drink as much as you like'.

WTF?

Anyway, It helped me calm down.

ReputationRep:
    Lol. That's funny! They do freak me out a bit...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    my mate brings a 2litre bottle of orange squash into the exam, our school just dont care, and also we not allowed phones at school, but we all do so when theysay birng phones forward for the first exams, noone moved and just had them switchede off in pockets, but once someone got the courage ant went forward they didnt say anyhitng, so now everyone brings it forward, in english today there were a good 60phones on the desk it was hilarious
    lol, my school is far too uptight, yours sounds amusing. we can't just have normal bottles either, they must have a sports cap. how lame.

ReputationRep:
    really! whats the point does ti make a diff and sometimes a sports cap makes more noise, as people suck the air and drink out and then as the bottle crinkles(u no wot i mean ) as the air goes back in lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    my mate brings a 2litre bottle of orange squash into the exam, our school just dont care, and also we not allowed phones at school, but we all do so when theysay birng phones forward for the first exams, noone moved and just had them switchede off in pockets, but once someone got the courage ant went forward they didnt say anyhitng, so now everyone brings it forward, in english today there were a good 60phones on the desk it was hilarious
    I had my iPod in my pocket during my English exam today. I was praying the hold button didnt get pushed or something. In the History exam I handed it in, though.

ReputationRep:
    We're allowed water and we don't have to take the labels off.I think we are allowed sweets but you need to bring them in a clear plastic bag...

I drink in exams,it helps me to concentrate but I always need the toilet,even after an hour exam.It's terrible.

With regards to phones,we have to leave ours at the front.Even if we leave our bags at the front we have to take the phones out!We give them to the invigilator and they give us a ticket for it.

ReputationRep:
    presumably because it wont spill.

ReputationRep:
    lol yeh my mate wa slike a walking shop, took out his samsung d500 then his '3' phone, then his ipod lol it was soo funny

ReputationRep:
    a tikcket, lol thats mad, yeh were alowed sweets crisps anything as long as the wrapper doesnt make noise, lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparklyglitter)
    I drink in exams but I always need the toilet,even after an hour exam.It's terrible.
    Actually it has been scientifically proven recently that if you need the toilet during an exam it can achieve better results for you! Honest!

ReputationRep:
    wot water in your exams????

i seen ppl puttin their water bottles on the floor next to thir feet but not actaully drinking it........

i always drink BEFORE the exam but this just makes me want more!

ReputationRep:
    True! watering your brain is good for your papers! i had water before my bio n chem papers n i had my concentration level maintained while i din have any today n i swear i was sleepy during the physics paper!!
    well i just realized tht coz of you!!
    thanx for making me aware of such a minor thing tht had a major affect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by langleyster)
    Actually it has been scientifically proven recently that if you need the toilet during an exam it can achieve better results for you! Honest!
    I once needed the toilet for a whole exam and did well it in, so there might be something in that. I think it makes your brain work quicker. On saying that, I could never take water into an exam for several reasons. One, I would need the toilet. Two, I could spill it over my paper.

On the other hand, I did consider using one to write some answers on discreetly, like under the 'evian' sign or something. I've also thought about hiding things under the buttons on my claculator, as they come up. I'm too scared of getting caught though.

ReputationRep:
    they give us bananas and water in the exam!!!111!! YAY COMPTON!!! <3
    =) *dances*

ReputationRep:
    they give you stuff, wow your school has money, lol

ReputationRep:
    Our school is really uptight about phones, although they don't seem to mind if you leave them in your bag in another room. We have a load of drawers at the front which you are supposed to leave them safe, but I don't see how it is safe if anyone can pick up any phone. In my ICT exam, I left my phone in my pocket because I was panicking about not being allowed my notes (I gave them in a day late), and it was quite amusing as I handed it in and walked really slowly the length of the hall and back with everyone staring at me and giggling under their breath.

ReputationRep:
    lol our school is pretty safe, and everyone knows that to steal off each other is just beyond slack, and noone does coz in y8 these two kids in our yr got caught stealing and were permanetely expelled

ReputationRep:
    "they give you stuff, wow your school has money, lol"

Ya.

"We're allowed to take water in but we've got to take the label off"

[email protected] =)

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.