None that are currently illegal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)
    None that are currently illegal.
    Agreed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prem_sheiz)
    Wot Drug Do U Think Should Be Legal? Gimme Ur View
    As far as I know, steroids are legal after medical prescription.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prem_sheiz)
    Wot Drug Do U Think Should Be Legal? Gimme Ur View
    None, they are all disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    Pills

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)
    Agreed.
    agreed

All of the above.

ReputationRep:
    every drug except the ones used in medicine........... even tobacco and alcohol! :cool:

(Original post by Saf!)
    every drug except the ones used in medicine........... even tobacco and alcohol! :cool:
    Surely you mean it the other way round.

If you do, then caffeine is also a drug, so cofee and chocolate would be illegal too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry Potter)
    Surely you mean it the other way round.

If you do, then caffeine is also a drug, so cofee and chocolate would be illegal too.
    mmmmmmmmmmmm choclate!...........any chocoholic can tell u that choclate doesnt contain caffine

ans i HATE coffee...........even the smell......so i wud luv it to b illegal!!

(Original post by Saf!)
    mmmmmmmmmmmm choclate!...........any chocoholic can tell u that choclate doesnt contain caffine
    I was under the impression that there was a small amount of caffeine in cocoa beans.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: :eek:
    (Original post by Harry Potter)
    I was under the impression that there was a small amount of caffeine in cocoa beans.
    nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :eek:

really! i've never heard of that!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    None, they are all disgusting.
    You have tried every street drug goin then and came to that decision or are presuming that they are all disgusting?

ReputationRep:
    I heard that chocolate contains caffeine too...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Riz*)
    I heard that chocolate contains caffeine too...
    Yeah I'm almost certain it does, although the amount of caffeine in it is tiny, nothing compared to a coffee.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    agreed
    Yap, same here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Albion)
    You have tried every street drug goin then and came to that decision or are presuming that they are all disgusting?
    i dont see how they're disgusting anyway. disgust is learned from society, first of all...so if anyone is disgusted, u should rethink this and find a way to overcome the disgust--for all u know, cocaine could be the future. would be easier to accept it, but choose to avoid it than to say it is disgusting

besides, cannabis isn't bad. it is a plant--the original studies that made it illegal were botched, and there is not a recorded death from it. it is also not physically addictive...unlike tobacco and caffeine. HOW people deal with it is not the issue (i know people like to argue it hurts ur lungs, and bad things are involved with it, etc. -- but this is not the issue; if it were, money would be illegal).

opium isn't too bad, tho pointless as it only makes u mellow

cocaine and meth can do damage if excessive, or in large doses (but, then again, many substances can do damage as well--people who smoke cigarettes can also die). if it were legal, as well as many other drugs, i'm sure safer methods would be developed. however, it is quite difficult to do when ur fighting against the users while trying to keep it all away. see, i dont understand making drugs illegal...can u imagine the battle EVER ending? we will never run out of cocaine or any other drugs. the best way to solve the problem is by embracing it--not fighting it

would seem easier for a country to help a "problem" rather than by trying to put an end to it altogether. problems don't go away; they fade out

Fascists. Why should you care if somone else want to take drugs? How is it any of your buisness?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    i dont see how they're disgusting anyway. disgust is learned from society, first of all...so if anyone is disgusted, u should rethink this and find a way to overcome the disgust--for all u know, cocaine could be the future. would be easier to accept it, but choose to avoid it than to say it is disgusting

besides, cannabis isn't bad. it is a plant--the original studies that made it illegal were botched, and there is not a recorded death from it. it is also not physically addictive...unlike tobacco and caffeine. HOW people deal with it is not the issue (i know people like to argue it hurts ur lungs, and bad things are involved with it, etc. -- but this is not the issue; if it were, money would be illegal).

opium isn't too bad, tho pointless as it only makes u mellow

cocaine and meth can do damage if excessive, or in large doses (but, then again, many substances can do damage as well--people who smoke cigarettes can also die). if it were legal, as well as many other drugs, i'm sure safer methods would be developed. however, it is quite difficult to do when ur fighting against the users while trying to keep it all away. see, i dont understand making drugs illegal...can u imagine the battle EVER ending? we will never run out of cocaine or any other drugs. the best way to solve the problem is by embracing it--not fighting it

would seem easier for a country to help a "problem" rather than by trying to put an end to it altogether. problems don't go away; they fade out
    Many drugs come from plants - not just cannabis! I do not find them 'disgusting' - they are all just chemical compounds (or mixtures) that can seriously mess with our physiologial functioning. Some are accepted as being 'worse' than others - which is purely down to society (if you showed any normal person the structure or name of the active ingredient in cocaine then they would be unable to deduce for themselves the effect of the compound on the body - their stance would inevitably as a result of their ignorance). I am willing to bet that if these drugs were prescribed, the opinion of the ignorant populace regarding their usage would alter dramatically - even though the structure and effects (both detrimental and not) of the drug would essentially remain the same. People are so easily swayed by 'scientists' - what the big pharmaceutical firms are really after is money. I am not an advocate of drug abuse and believe that the ignorant among us (who are most at risk) need to be protected. All of the drugs mentioned in the poll should, therefore, remain illegal for recreational sale and purchase.

Ben

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 18, 2004
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.