Travel Passes Watch

Boden
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I start university next monday and I've got to travel by train and bus - I don't mind spending money on the bus because some days I will have to walk from the train station. However does anyone know how to apply for a travel pass? The only one I've found is to get a 1/3 off ticket prices in a certain time which is no good to me!!! I need a travel pass so I don't have to buy a ticket each time... does anyone know how to do this? Thanks
River85
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Generally speaking, it completely depends on where you live as different local authoirites and counties have different transport executives and bus companies, all offering different deals and season tickets.

Where will you be based?
Boden
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Well I'l be travelling to Worcester Uni from Malvern everyday..
River85
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Oh, I'd usually suggest checking a public transport executive if you have one but these only cover the major urban areas (eg. Nexus for Tyne and Wear, Centro for the West Midlands county). Is the "Plusbus" ticket the one you've already found?

You can try contacting the company who'll run the bus you'll be travelling on and they'd be able to advise you as different companies will have their own tickets. Do you know which company operates the bus you'll use?

Failing that, contact Worcestershire County council. They won't offer bus passess or tickets but should have contact details for local public transport information and maybe local bus operators.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (564)
37.65%
No - but I will (117)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (108)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (709)
47.33%

Watched Threads