The Living At Home This Year Or Previously Thread Watch

Toffee_Kid
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Have any of you decided it would be better to simply live at home? Was staying at home for this year/subsequent years always the plan for you?

Personally, I would have rathered live at the campus, however I was offered no accomodation, and because my student loan is still not sorted I don't have enough money to move into a flat share for at least a month or two.

Lately I've been worried that it will really have an impact on my social life, because although I live pretty much in Central London where my campus is, my only two options late at night (eg. after a trip to the bar or a club) are to leave early enough to get the Underground, or crash at someone elses. I'm super worried that I'll end up leaving early all the time and not be able to make any friends that I want to live with + want to live with me in year 2.

Aah, student angst =[ How are those of you staying at home planning upon dealing with the social issues? Can any of you who did live at home in your first/subsequent years give any advice?
moschino
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If your main worry is getting home late at night then I am sure you will save LOADS of money by staying at home and can then get a cab home at any time at night.
fanta90
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I know how you feel, Same worries for me. I'm going to try my best to go out etc but I will just drive home at the end of the night.
chris10001
Report 9 years ago
there are night buses from london, maybe try those.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.84%
No - but I will (114)
7.83%
No - I don't want to (102)
7.01%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (689)
47.32%

Watched Threads