Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    521degrees C is most definitly wrong

First of all i got 230, but then i got 181, i think the laters right but not sure

ReputationRep:
    but u guys=,what of if u redrew the diagram with the V2 included, but u know states that it had 10M ohms, isn't that ok? I mean I stated beside it that it had 10 M ohms. How about that?

ReputationRep:
    Well, I just failed THAT exam....

-Kavanne

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moleo)
    thats what i put as well.
    Current does flow from negative to positive dosent it?
    I mean i wrote from IO to jupiter
    Well, i dn knw if they would mark it right or wrong but logically its non sense! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i did draw the diagram with 2 voltmeters and took both there resistances into account and got R = 10Mohm see my working on page 1

ReputationRep:
    and current is the flow of POSSITVE charge look it up in your text book, the charge was towards jupiter, but the current that asked for was def towards IO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sequence123)
    521degrees C is most definitly wrong

First of all i got 230, but then i got 181, i think the laters right but not sure
    Are you sure? Did you convert the temp into kelvin?

794-373/794 = 0.53

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kavanne)
    Well, I just failed THAT exam....

-Kavanne
    I guess I did aswell!!

N tell me guys, was it my eyes or were most of the questions about resistance?!

P.S. = i hate resistance now!!

ReputationRep:
    but tktaylor, u got 10 M ohms, it's like I got 50M ohms. Wht do u think guys?

ReputationRep:
    i left it all in term of degree C as thats wot the temp they gave us was in

ReputationRep:
    look im worrying now everybody has 5 stuff, i had 10Mohm, please see my working on page 1 and see how on earth it is wrong, im possitive my solution is flawless!

ReputationRep:
    what about the damn specific heat capactiy question.............. DISCUSS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeA1)
    but tktaylor, u got 10 M ohms, it's like I got 50M ohms. Wht do u think guys?
    i got 50 aswell, but how did u get tht?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tktaylor6)
    i left it all in term of degree C as thats wot the temp they gave us was in
    I was under the impresstion that the eqn only worked for kelvin temperatre

ReputationRep:
    that specific heat was easy man, just had to realise the gradient times the mass time C gave 29.9 Joules per second oh and remeber to convert the mass from grams!

ReputationRep:
    It said steam was released to the atmosphere so I thoght it was wasted

Used 0.47 and got 430C

ReputationRep:
    ok a question!

tell me whether you guys think if this paper was harder than the previous ones..

ReputationRep:
    well the kelvin scale is the same as celcius isnt it just shifted 273, so i am assuming either answer will be acceptable, the equation works for both scaled, just your final answer will differ by 273

ReputationRep:
    look im worrying now everybody has 5 stuff, i had 10Mohm, please see my working on page 1 and see how on earth it is wrong, im possitive my solution is flawless!

are u sure?

ReputationRep:
    that specific heat was easy man, just had to realise the gradient times the mass time C gave 29.9 Joules per second oh and remeber to convert the mass from grams!
    there you go, another mistake by me, i din convert it thinking tht as the joules r not kiljoules i dn need to convert tht damn thing..

Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.