Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    look on page one mike A1, please tell me how this is rong, (if it is :P)

ReputationRep:
    the very botton of page one has my workign for that ques btw

ReputationRep:
    for the specific heat capacity I got 5.9 J per second someone tell me its right

ReputationRep:
    i dont think that right, did u realise for the grad there was only a change of 40 kelvin from 60 to 20, and take this into account on your working

ReputationRep:
    i think i got 100%, that was the easiest phy2 paper i have ever done!
    phy1 was far harder.

ReputationRep:
    page one very botton see my working,please somebody tell me if or where i have gone wrong!

ReputationRep:
    for the rise in temperature, you don't convert it to kelvin, a rise is a rise

Q=m* c* rise in temp

Q=0.064*4200*37.5=10080J

rate=10080/(30*60)=5.6

ReputationRep:
    taylor, think about it. since the first R was 10 M ohms, and u were given the V2, u should subtract this V2 from 9V(pd of supply), get d current, this current 'since series' will be equal. Then u get R from there, understand?

ReputationRep:
    Easier to argue it in terms of ratios.

3 volts across resistor means it has 1/3 of the volts => it has 1/3 of the resistance. You can use the formula or just think for 10 secs and see that the other resistor is 10Mohms, so a 1/3 of the resistance would mean that this resistor must be 5 Mohms.

10 + 5 = 15, 5/15 = 1/3

ReputationRep:
    yea the kelvin didnt matter but u had to change it to seconda and realise the change in temp was 40 kelvin or 40 celcius either didnt matter, i made my initial gradient 0.1 degreeC per second, this led to a power of 29.9 J per second

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grotto)

Q=m* c* rise in temp

Q=0.064*4200*37.5=10080J

rate=10080/(30*60)=5.6
    True, however i got the rate of rise to be 0.14Ks^-1, so did all the clever people in my college. You draw the tangent and you get like 60-20/[60x[5-0]] = 1.33degrees/s. Notice the x-axis was in minutes.]

this is the same as kelvins [write a lil note and change it to kelvin, if you don't do this, for the next question you will lose 1 method mark for putting degrees instead of kelvin, even though the final answer is the same.

ReputationRep:

Q=m* c* rise in temp

Q=0.064*4200*37.5=10080J

rate=10080/(30*60)=5.6
    On that question did we have to do Q=mct for the whole of the graph! I thought it wanted it just for the begining so I did

0.064*4200*0.016666 = 4.48J per second

ReputationRep:
    no manyea but if u work it out u get the current into the combo and the p.d across the combo use this to find the total R of the resistor AND the voltmeter, and u wil lsee the resistance of the combination is 5Mohm, but this for a resisor and a voltmeter in parallel, apply then the resistors in parallel rule and u can see the R of the resistor is infact 10Mohm this about it liek that

ReputationRep:
    I did for whole graph

ReputationRep:

Q=m* c* rise in temp

Q=0.064*4200*37.5=10080J

rate=10080/(30*60)=5.6
    I'm in big trouble, I did something crazy. I did this....
    rate of Q= mass*4200
    does this make sense?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=tktaylor6]my answers for phy2
    a) T1 - initial temperature
    T2 - final temperature
    b) initial temp = 213 degree C
    c) make T2 = 0 degree C
    QUOTE]

should have been T1 - temp at hot source
    and T2 - Temp at cold sink

ReputationRep:
    i dont think so because in the next question which was clearly related they said "find the initial temperature" and it was clear to useto formula, i simply wrote what they defined it to be

ReputationRep:
    tktaylor, u know I was just about to do that. But if u think about it. They kinda gave us the value of d voltage. Normally we neglect it bcos. it's a shunt, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tktaylor6)
    i dont think so because in the next question which was clearly related they said "find the initial temperature" and it was clear to useto formula, i simply wrote what they defined it to be
    they said find the initial temperature that dosen't mean that T1 is the initial temperature.
    "should have been T1 - temp at hot source
    and T2 - Temp at cold sink"
    Is what i wrote and what the textbook defines them as.

ReputationRep:
    they gave us the voltage i assume to find the current flowing into our little combination, i get your ratios argument but i think u will find 5Mohm is the resistance of the entire combination, and then u had to use the 1/R thingy with the resistance of the 2nd voltmeter

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 11, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.