And it begins... Watch

Vicious Fishes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
So who else's friends start leaving this week and is gutted that they still have 4 weeks to go?

:thumbsdown:
kat2pult
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Aww :hugs:
Sariya
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Somewhat glad, actually. =\

Once they're gone, it'll finally feel like I'm finally about to go. What's a month in the grand scheme of things, anyways?
Olibert
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't feel saddened. I've known some of them in excess of 10 years, but I know that i'll see them 24/7 during the holidays, i'm only away 10 weeks at a time.

Not really bothered.
matrix15
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Na, most of my friends are staying behind and I'm going to my home town uni anyway. So its all good
Vicious Fishes
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Just me then. :puppyeyes:
Sariya
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Vicious Fishes)
Just me then. :puppyeyes:
I know how you feel, really. I had it last September- believe me, it's far worse if you're faced with the prospect of everybody you know leaving without your going to University as well. Decidedly unpleasant experience. =\

You could be far worse off.
Moroseblight
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Not too bothered really. It was worse last year, when I went on my failure of a gap year while they waltzed off to their unis.

4 weeks will fly by.
imhiya
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by matrix15)
Na, most of my friends are staying behind and I'm going to my home town uni anyway. So its all good
Same with work friends. ._.

I wanna go now! ill start packing like a week early i suspect.
(parentheses
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Argh, no, I know what you mean. A couple of my friends are going to York as well, so we'll meet up for coffees or cocktails and moan about time is NOT flying by. My bf is leaving on Friday so I won't see him for 3 weeks which is the most upsetting thing about all of this...
lizzieangel
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by (parentheses)
Argh, no, I know what you mean. A couple of my friends are going to York as well, so we'll meet up for coffees or cocktails and moan about time is NOT flying by. My bf is leaving on Friday so I won't see him for 3 weeks which is the most upsetting thing about all of this...
My boyfriend goes two weeks before I do - I've not read any of my reading list on purpose. So I have things to do when he goes (I'll read VERY fast) and in Fresher's Week
Olibert
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Olibert)
I don't feel saddened. I've known some of them in excess of 10 years, but I know that i'll see them 24/7 during the holidays, i'm only away 10 weeks at a time.

Not really bothered.
Ok, I take that back. One of my closest friends is leaving today, and I have to admit it i'm going to miss them
Kris_McGee
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
One of my closest friends went to Aberdeen today. These next three weeks will go so slowly
archly
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The people who matter all seem to be leaving next Sunday. It's going to be a dull two weeks without them.
melons_2009
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It is going to be dull, but just gonna have to find things to do I think, all of our friends will be enjoying ourselves wherever they are going to uni, there is no point dwelling if the others are gonan be having fun...if you get my drift. Its not meant to sound ina horrible way that btw.
Redemption
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Do yourselves a favour - befriend oxbridge students :-).
imhiya
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
3 weeks ._.
Cowtipper
Badges: 12
Report 9 years ago
The boredom is killing me.
Or that might be the pencil I am using to gouge out my eyes.
jammierebel
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
even oxbridge get to leave a week earlier than us!; thats gonna be the worst week
TruckBear
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by jammierebel)
even oxbridge get to leave a week earlier than us!; thats gonna be the worst week
Yeahh... My best friend and girlfriend both go to Oxford, so it really will be.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of York
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • University of York
    Sun, 30 Jun '19
  • University of York
    Sat, 14 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (412)
37.83%
No - but I will (83)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (75)
6.89%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (519)
47.66%

Watched Threads