Course Sign Up Watch

Lord Roem
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I just wanted to remind anyone who has yet to do so that you can sign up for courses today via LSE for You.

For the record, I'm doing;

1. GV101 Introduction to the Study of Politics
  2. HY113 From Empire to Independence: The Extra-European World in the Twentieth Century
  3. GV100 Introduction to Political Theory
  4. LN101 Russian Language and Society 1 (beginner)

:o:
Slothuus
Badges: 2
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Lord Roem)
I just wanted to remind anyone who has yet to do so that you can sign up for courses today via LSE for You.

For the record, I'm doing;

1. GV101 Introduction to the Study of Politics
  2. HY113 From Empire to Independence: The Extra-European World in the Twentieth Century
  3. GV100 Introduction to Political Theory
  4. LN101 Russian Language and Society 1 (beginner)

Where on LSE for You do you do it?
Lord Roem
Rep:
?
(Original post by Slothuus)
Where on LSE for You do you do it?
Login, go to the "Student" tab on the top, click on the "Selection of Courses" link on the side bar that opens. The four options should be blank or just have filler in them, click on the "Change Courses" button (or similar) and you should be able to pick all the options open to you.

Hope this helps

Slothuus
Badges: 2
Report 9 years ago
Login, go to the "Student" tab on the top, click on the "Selection of Courses" link on the side bar that opens. The four options should be blank or just have filler in them, click on the "Change Courses" button (or similar) and you should be able to pick all the options open to you.

Hope this helps

Thanks, but there's nothing I'll just have to email the UG office (again!) then.
astudent
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
LN101, lots of work + timetable clashes Good choice though
Lord Roem
Rep:
?
(Original post by astudent)
LN101, lots of work + timetable clashes Good choice though
Heh, I know.

I'll be lucky to get a Third this year I think...

Swayum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Is there anything interesting to see if you sign up? e.g. tutors or something.
Maccountant
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Is it worth choosing the courses now?

Just thought it might be better to speak to our tutors on what modules they might reccomend. Or are we expected to do it independently?
nicky_p
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Maccountant)

Just thought it might be better to speak to our tutors on what modules they might reccomend. Or are we expected to do it independently?
If you have an outside option, you might want to think of chatting with your tutor, they might be able to open up all sorts of exciting possibilities. But probably not.
Lord Roem
Rep:
?
(Original post by nicky_p)
If you have an outside option, you might want to think of chatting with your tutor, they might be able to open up all sorts of exciting possibilities. But probably not.
I e-mailed the Russian tutor the other week and she basically told me to apply as soon as possible given the fact that it was capped at twelve people per class.

Regarding my other options, I've got to do the two politics modules either this year or next so I'm just getting them out of the way. Finally, I've not really done much history outside Europe before so this seemed like a fun but sensible choice.

Do you think that I've been sensible btw?

nicky_p
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I e-mailed the Russian tutor the other week and she basically told me to apply as soon as possible given the fact that it was capped at twelve people per class.

Regarding my other options, I've got to do the two politics modules either this year or next so I'm just getting them out of the way. Finally, I've not really done much history outside Europe before so this seemed like a fun but sensible choice.

Do you think that I've been sensible btw?

I do. It's a ballsy move to do an outside option that's truly outside: I guarantee that 90% of GV&Hist Freshers will choose an outside option from History or IR.

A VERY good idea to do GV101: almost all of the 2nd year politics choices require GV101 as a pre-requisite.
Lord Roem
Rep:
?
(Original post by nicky_p)
I do. It's a ballsy move to do an outside option that's truly outside: I guarantee that 90% of GV&Hist Freshers will choose an outside option from History or IR.

A VERY good idea to do GV101: almost all of the 2nd year politics choices require GV101 as a pre-requisite.
Ah! Good to see that I'm being fairly sensible/courageous/idiotic!

What did you do for your outside option(s) if I may ask?
nicky_p
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ah! Good to see that I'm being fairly sensible/courageous/idiotic!

What did you do for your outside option(s) if I may ask?
In my first year of GV&EC, I did GV100 and GV101, EC102 and MA107 & ST107.

GVs were optional, but everyone does them, because they're so necessary.

If you want the GV101 revision guide (which they'll try and sell to you for a fiver during Freshers'), then PM me your e-mail address, and i'll send it over.
iampudge
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
There's nothing under the Student tab for me except for Site Map and Student Class Registers :/ Should I email them to see what the problem is?
naddles
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Maccountant)

Well if they are optional modules attend the first lecture then make a decision
Lord Roem
Rep:
?
(Original post by iampudge)
There's nothing under the Student tab for me except for Site Map and Student Class Registers :/ Should I email them to see what the problem is?
Maybe, wait until the morning to see if it changes.

I assume that you submitted the Financial Undertaking and Student Verification Forms?
iampudge
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yep. Paid the school fees already. Checked today and still no changes...
Swayum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by iampudge)
Yep. Paid the school fees already. Checked today and still no changes...
I don't have it either. Maybe it's for people with outside options or something?
iampudge
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I was wondering the same thing too... but I'm doing History and there's an outside option. Maybe I should email them. Does anyone know if the courses have quotas? I'm not too worried because they won't be finalised until we speak to the tutors right?
Maccountant
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Why is everyone in a rush to choose their courses? It even says on the course choice menu thing to speak to your tutor before.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London School of Economics and Political Science
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 4 Jul '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (558)
37.83%
No - but I will (115)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (103)
6.98%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (699)
47.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise