Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Oh crumbs, that wasn't the nicest thing.

The only place where I know I lost marks on was the Bubble Chamber (never been taught it, got one of the marks out of 3 i think through luck) ....but I am confident that I lost plenty more marks elsewhere, so much writing, IT IS NOT PHYSICS!

So, how did everyone else find it...if the boudary for an A grade is 47 like jan 2005 paper 1, I'll be quite happy

ReputationRep:
    ill be tremendously happy i think if the boundary is that low. the general feeling at my school was that unit 1 was harder than unit 2. finished unit 2 in 40 mins. was sitting there thinking i could be revising economics now :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was MUCH easier than mod 1 I couldn't do that paper at all!

ReputationRep:
    I'd say it was easier than module 1, but module 1 was horrendous...still hopeful for low A grade boundary mind :P

ReputationRep:
    Yeah 1 much harder!
    Anyone know how I can see a copy of the Jan 05 paper?
    Also what did people get for the K.E. in 1 and why lower? Also components A and B in 2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C4>O7)
    Yeah 1 much harder!
    Anyone know how I can see a copy of the Jan 05 paper?
    Also what did people get for the K.E. in 1 and why lower? Also components A and B in 2?
    i got change in KE = 1500 something i think.
    i put lower because of work done against air resistance.
    i cant remember the other question

ReputationRep:
    I put that as well but I was surprised at how low it was compared to 8600J or whatever. The Q was worth 3 marks I think- what else other than air resistance!?

Im talking about the Q of the flow diagram about information transmission- modulator, transducer etc. (7 mark)

ReputationRep:
    Any other AQA B people still up??

ReputationRep:
    for that question I put they were both amplifiers, as I knew there were ampliers in each bit.

Ann what question was this about kinetic energy?

ReputationRep:
    K.E. question was in 1.
    Yeah I put both amplifiers.
    What did you put for the question about the sun and the star's appearance?

ReputationRep:
    for that, I put that it would be duller (overall less intensity) and that it would be a redder colour (I think, though thinking about it now I was probably wrong lol)

And I still can't remember the kinetic energy question, what did it ask?

ReputationRep:
    The K.E. question was in the first paper.
    I put duller and bluer

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I see, module 1? Oh good good, didn't do that

And yeh, I probably was thinking red light had higher intensity..I tend to screw up in Physics exams :p: ...don't know why there were 3 marks for the question though, as there only seemed to be 2 points to talk about

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I thought the marks for questions were really strange especially on the first paper- giving 1 mark for more work than in questions for 3marks!
    Do you know where I can get a look at the Jan paper?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 11, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.