Btec national diploma in Business Watch

BenPs
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hey guys, i was wondering who here is taking/has taken the btec national diploma in business. What did they think of it, how hard was it. Also would anybody mind posting up some example assignments for me to look at and see what needs to be in my assignments
Thanks.
Notorious123
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
loool ive jus started it today , intro sucks but o well lol
BenPs
what do you mean the intro sucks? lol
just say hello
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Welcome to the BTEC family, we must stick together or you get ganged up on my snobs
Notorious123
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by just say hello)
Welcome to the BTEC family, we must stick together or you get ganged up on my snobs
wat BTEC you doin? we team up means transfer work i hope lool

get back to me
The Entity
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Notorious123)
wat BTEC you doin? we team up means transfer work i hope lool

get back to me
LOL, subtle!
UCASUCKS
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
very easy way to get into uni if you work hard

no exams, lots of coursework though. it piles up quickly so make sure you get it all done.

i also advise you to buy the BTEC business book your college should sell it lists all your units at the beginning and essentially tells you what to do for each assignment.

and although you guys joke, sharing coursework with your friends is the easiest way to pass difficult assignments lol.
Jarexi
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Do A levels.

A levels > BTEC
ParadoxSocks
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Jarexi)
Do A levels.

A levels > BTEC
In some ways yes, A levels are better but in some ways BTECs are better. If you get where you want to go, who cares what route you take to get there?

Watch out for sharing coursework. It's incredibly easy for colleges to pick up on such things. Getting the general idea for coursework's alright but just rewording something somebody else has written is awful!
x_K_x
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
iv done this..i got DDM = 320 ucas points am at The university of Nottingham studying BA Finance Accounting and Management. Its a very easy route
x_K_x
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
but yeh u do have to work hard on ur assignements, i used to stay up all nite doing them its because i wanted distinction level
BradfordianMike
Report 9 years ago
Yeah i've just started my 2nd year of it and i agree with the other posters. I don't know how other colleges present the assignments but with mine it's a matter of following instructions. For Ds you're obviously required to evaluate more and make decisions based on those evaluations etc etc.

But yeah great if you want to do a business related course at uni, just about closes all other doors though.
The Entity
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by UCASUCKS)
very easy way to get into uni if you work hard

no exams, lots of coursework though. it piles up quickly so make sure you get it all done.

i also advise you to buy the BTEC business book your college should sell it lists all your units at the beginning and essentially tells you what to do for each assignment.

and although you guys joke, sharing coursework with your friends is the easiest way to pass difficult assignments lol.
I know, i did it lots in the 1st year!
BenPs
Heheh wow quite a bit thread going on Yeahh I have 4 units on the go right now!! looking forward to getting a couple knocked down. As for sixth form snobs, OMG!! I was speaking to an OLD school friend last night and she genuinly said to me "I'm better than you because I'm at sixth form" Seriously? lol... I'm actually thinking about setting up a website for all business btec worknotes etc and maybe other people can post there class notes on?
Skeppy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
yup I did it I didn't enjoy it tbh found it cruddy and boring I also did first diploma which was a lot better.
FM08
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Did it too, boy was it crap.
BenPs
haha lots of people think its crap. At the moment i do have quite a big work load but i still am really enjoying the course!! Does anyone here that is doing the course plan on going to university?
Notorious123
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by BenPs)
haha lots of people think its crap. At the moment i do have quite a big work load but i still am really enjoying the course!! Does anyone here that is doing the course plan on going to university?
yeeh i plan on going uni , it is quite a big load, im on unit 14 man we should together u do 5 units i do 5 den transfer lol
baig1990
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by x_K_x)
iv done this..i got DDM = 320 ucas points am at The university of Nottingham studying BA Finance Accounting and Management. Its a very easy route
I really want to attend a good business school that will accept the following and am hoping Notts would. I was wondering if you could help me as you are already on this .

Basically, I failed my GCSE grades but I do have "C" grade in English language, "CC" Double Award science and "C" grade in Maths and 3 D's and 2 E's. I then studied BTEC First diploma in Engineering and achieved a Distiction* - 99/108

Am not to keen on resitting GCSE Maths because my BTEC is really fast paced.

Am currently Studying BTEC National Diploma in Business (Management) am predicted D/D/D and alongside my National diploma I am also studying for IFS exams and I have also been offered an Internship VIA the college at Credit Suisse and i've done 2 weeks voluntary work at Barnados during easter holidays in April 2010.

What chance do i have of being offered a Conditional Offer at Notts for BA Finance, Accounting and Management???
Duckzilla
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by baig1990)
I really want to attend a good business school that will accept the following and am hoping Notts would. I was wondering if you could help me as you are already on this .

Basically, I failed my GCSE grades but I do have "C" grade in English language, "CC" Double Award science and "C" grade in Maths and 3 D's and 2 E's. I then studied BTEC First diploma in Engineering and achieved a Distiction* - 99/108

Am not to keen on resitting GCSE Maths because my BTEC is really fast paced.

Am currently Studying BTEC National Diploma in Business (Management) am predicted D/D/D and alongside my National diploma I am also studying for IFS exams and I have also been offered an Internship VIA the college at Credit Suisse and i've done 2 weeks voluntary work at Barnados during easter holidays in April 2010.

What chance do i have of being offered a Conditional Offer at Notts for BA Finance, Accounting and Management???
No chance unless you resit GCSE maths and get at least a B: 'Required subjects: GCSE maths grade B or above'.

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/ugstudy/...se&code=010698
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (315)
37.77%
No - but I will (64)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.43%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (393)
47.12%

Watched Threads