The Student Room Group

Why did they say this?

My mum works in a hospital, she does admin jobs.

Well anyway today she was walking around when down the corridor she saw a patient that looks a bit dazed. As she got close he basically collapsed. She put her arms out and catched him. Lowered him to the ground and called for help.

Now they are telling her she should not have catched him. And that if she had injured herself doing this she would not have been been able to have time off (she's fine btw).

WTF?? She said if she had not caught him this guy was going to smash his head off the floor. Yet they are suppost to stand there and let it happen??

Is it me or has the world gone crazy?
Reply 1
Your mums a little heroine in my opinion, she did what any sane person would do and she should ignore all their comments.
Reply 2
man bureaucracy and red tape is really getting out of hand. Good on your mum for not just ignoring the patient.
Rucklo
My mum works in a hospital, she does admin jobs.

Well anyway today she was walking around when down the corridor she saw a patient that looks a bit dazed. As she got close he basically collapsed. She put her arms out and catched him. Lowered him to the ground and called for help.

Now they are telling her she should not have catched him. And that if she had injured herself doing this she would not have been been able to have time off (she's fine btw).

WTF?? She said if she had not caught him this guy was going to smash his head off the floor. Yet they are suppost to stand there and let it happen??

Is it me or has the world gone crazy?

They said it because.... Health and Safety.

Basically, because she could have injured herself, she supposedly should have left the other person to definitely injure themselves more than they did do as a result of your mum ignoring red tape.

What your mum has done will surely be appreciated by the man concerned.

Give her a 'well done' from TSR, too; she deserves a well done for going against Health and Safety, and taking the common sense and helpful reaction instead.

Err, i'm sure this post doesn't make sense, but I'm in a rush, need to go out!
Reply 4
CrazyChris
They said it because.... Health and Safety.

Basically, because she could have injured herself, she supposedly should have left the other person to definitely injure themselves more than they did do as a result of your mum ignoring red tape.

What your mum has done will surely be appreciated by the man concerned.

Give her a 'well done' from TSR, too; she deserves a well done for going against Health and Safety, and taking the common sense and helpful reaction instead.

Err, i'm sure this post doesn't make sense, but I'm in a rush, need to go out!

The thing is, she has never been told about health and saftey to do with that. She does admin and isn't trained to deal with patients etc. How can they say she would not have got help if she was injured when they have not told her the routine to follow?

Latest

Trending

Trending