School Farm Watch

Foulish
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Re: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/8255125.stm

By the looks of it, the school has created a mini-farm to educate their children about the food chain and where their food comes from.

From what I can see, it covers the whole spectrum of animal care etc - including the slaughter of the animal.

Personally, I think it is good that children are able to learn where their food comes from. If recent polls can be trusted in some media, a large majority of children do not know where their food comes from.

What do you think?
Ozzy91
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
We had a farm on our school too! We had chickens and rabbits and masses of allotments.
We used to look into hatching the chicks then looking after them. And at Christmas they sold alot of them off for Christmas dinner. We even got assigned our own ones to look after. It was great fun!
Libtolu
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The school i went to had a full farm, with pigs,chickens,cows and **** loads of other animals, sheep,goats etc.

And we would routinely be given a letter to take home to parents detailing the price of fresh beef etc. never bothered me. the parents that protest are pussies themselves who can't grasp the fact that the mince they eat comes from the death of another animal.
doggyfizzel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think that people who couldn't feed an animal, then kill it and eat it shouldn't eat meat.

Its important for children to be able to see the link between the food they are eating and the sacrifice that has been made.

Plus kids love farm animals.
The_Octopus
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by doggyfizzel)
I think that people who couldn't feed an animal, then kill it and eat it shouldn't eat meat.

Its important for children to be able to see the link between the food they are eating and the sacrifice that has been made.

Plus kids love farm animals.
I think it is fine for kids to learn where their food comes from, and I also think it is fine for people who do not want to kill animals to eat meat. As long as they are willing to pay someone else to do it for them, where's the problem?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (571)
37.71%
No - but I will (119)
7.86%
No - I don't want to (109)
7.2%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (715)
47.23%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise