A Pool/Snooker Society? Watch

Irrelevance
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Is there one for LSU? If not, would anybody from TSR be interested in having a weekly/fortnightly meet up at Rileys by Grand Central to play some pool?
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Irrelevance)
Is there one for LSU? If not, would anybody from TSR be interested in having a weekly/fortnightly meet up at Rileys by Grand Central to play some pool?
I havn't got a clue about a proper Society but I do frequent Rileys, so if you ever want a game then give me a couple of days warning and I will let you know if I am free:yep: (3rd year though so God knows when that might be lol)

I'm not great but I can play :p:
Irrelevance
Rep:
?
(Original post by meskell)
I havn't got a clue about a proper Society but I do frequent Rileys, so if you ever want a game then give me a couple of days warning and I will let you know if I am free:yep: (3rd year though so God knows when that might be lol)

I'm not great but I can play :p:
Ah yeah, that sounds good. Will write on here when I'm free and we'll schedule to go for a game or something.

Tell me, how much does it cost per game in Rileys and am I right in thinking Students get a free membership there?
Mess.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ah yeah, that sounds good. Will write on here when I'm free and we'll schedule to go for a game or something.

Tell me, how much does it cost per game in Rileys and am I right in thinking Students get a free membership there?
Students is normally 2.50 for a year but is sometimes 5 pound.
I can't remember the exact price per hour you have to pay but it isn't that expensive, although the student hourly discount only applies before 7 these days if I remember correctly :mad:
You can normally pay for 2 hours and get another hour free which is good if there are a few people playing.

The Grand Central one doesn't serve cooked food any more though
Irrelevance
Rep:
?
Students is normally 2.50 for a year but is sometimes 5 pound.
I can't remember the exact price per hour you have to pay but it isn't that expensive, although the student hourly discount only applies before 7 these days if I remember correctly :mad:
You can normally pay for 2 hours and get another hour free which is good if there are a few people playing.

The Grand Central one doesn't serve cooked food any more though
Seems like a small price to pay for tables which aren't constantly getting destroyed like the Marybone one was!

Sounds good, looking forward to playing some pool when you get some time off. I'm not great, so it'd be nice to get some practice in. Good luck with this year.

I didn't know there was more than one in Liverpool. Which one do you go to the most?
Mess.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Seems like a small price to pay for tables which aren't constantly getting destroyed like the Marybone one was!

Sounds good, looking forward to playing some pool when you get some time off. I'm not great, so it'd be nice to get some practice in. Good luck with this year.

I didn't know there was more than one in Liverpool. Which one do you go to the most?
Yer the tables are fine and the poker tournaments are always a bonus!
A couple of my mates are pretty fantastic pool players so I always end up getting hammered when I play them :p:

The other one is in Wavetree and is the original one, I used to love it there but it doesn't have the atmosphere any more I usually go to that one more when my friend gets home from Bristol but as I'm living in town next year (Liberty Park) I think I will be in the Grand Central one more.

Just let me know when you have a couple of free days and I will try and get some free time, as all work and no play is not healthy lol.
Irrelevance
Rep:
?
Yer the tables are fine and the poker tournaments are always a bonus!
A couple of my mates are pretty fantastic pool players so I always end up getting hammered when I play them :p:

The other one is in Wavetree and is the original one, I used to love it there but it doesn't have the atmosphere any more I usually go to that one more when my friend gets home from Bristol but as I'm living in town next year (Liberty Park) I think I will be in the Grand Central one more.

Just let me know when you have a couple of free days and I will try and get some free time, as all work and no play is not healthy lol.
I'm one of the better pool players in my little group but that's not really saying much, to be honest. I feel your pain when getting destroyed as I almost got sandbagged by some guy back in Marybone :p:

I'm free most nights (namely Wednesday and Thursday, free all day Friday for a few weeks) problem is getting there and back because I live quite a mission away from there. Was thinking maybe a certain evening every fortnight or so? Could switch nights around for when we're both free.
treble03
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Alright im a fresher and up for a few games of pool, live by the wavetree one but dont mind getting the bus in to town. give me a shout if you fancy a game.
Irrelevance
Rep:
?
Three members so far; this is going better than expected. Can't play for a while because I've got serious man flu going on. Are you both free next Tuesday evening?
Mess.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I am in university until about 7 in the evening on a Tuesday and 9 on a Thursday! So no chance of me playing then lol. I have a job interview on monday night as well so I should no my free times soon! Wednesday afternoon would not be a bad bet though.
Irrelevance
Rep:
?
Wednesday evening is doable for me since I'm in from 1-5 every Wednesday. Good luck with the interview on Monday.
treble03
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Not sure about this week, moving in, havent got a proper timetable and all that so next week for me.
Irrelevance
Rep:
?
That's alright, treble. It's all a bit unstable for everybody at the mo as I haven't even been enrolled on Blackboard yet so can't acccess my timetable properly; just means I have to turn up to everything but hopefully they will have fixed this soon.

Next week sometime sounds good, though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Liverpool Hope University
    Applicant Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Jul '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (213)
39.23%
No - but I will (38)
7%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.63%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (256)
47.15%

Watched Threads