Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    let share answers and comment about as physics!

ReputationRep:
    easiest papers ive done for physics by a long way!!! hardest paper was materials (unit 3) .. did not enjoy that, expecially working out the area under the hysteresis curve and talking about the cross links between the plastic chains, what did everybody put?
    also got stuck on that energy question with the clock hand but came back n found it wasnt so bad!.

What did every1 get for the number of electrons question on paper 2? i cant remember my answer but because it was per second, i just divided the number of amps by the charge on each electron from the formula sheet at the back..

ReputationRep:
    I got 1.9 x 10 to the something. Was really big.

On that test I feel like I havent done well. I found it so hard. PHY1 was a killer, I didnt finish some questions, and the astrophysics also went unfinished. Do you think the mark boundaries will be low? I am so worried.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatguy)

On that test I feel like I havent done well. I found it so hard. PHY1 was a killer, I didnt finish some questions, and the astrophysics also went unfinished. Do you think the mark boundaries will be low? I am so worried.
    Phy 1 is a bugger - i'm donig mechanics so took it fro granted last year and spent most my time on Phy 2 and it shows...did much better in phy 2 then in phy 1 - too many explanations and **** for phy 1 :mad: - i hate explaining stuff - why couldn't everything be maths - world would be a better place then

ReputationRep:
    phy1 was a crap paper. I probably got 54/60
    phy2 was so easy, i rekon i got 59-60/60
    phy3 - particle physics, another gift! So easy, so many edexcel tricks involved and i spotted them => low grade boundary i think for phy3

ReputationRep:
    omg.... how can u predict so well.. u say 54/60 is CRAP.. i'd be happy.. if i got that much.... prolly.. i duno.. my classmates too said.. phy 1 was hard.. n phy 2 was bad.. i think the opposite. i felt phy 1 was easy... phy 2 was ok.. particle was.. prolly ok too... but i hope the A mark comes down.. its usually.. around 42 to 43.. or something right out of 60.. hope it goes down tilll 40... u guys takecare.. bets of luck for c2.. if ur doing

ReputationRep:
    ty, you too mate. I'm doing phy1-phy6 all in 1 year though, so i need 99% in each paper to relieve the strain of phy5 and phy6 [self teaching].

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nas7232)
    ty, you too mate. I'm doing phy1-phy6 all in 1 year though, so i need 99% in each paper to relieve the strain of phy5 and phy6 [self teaching].

omg ur doing phy 1 - phy6 one yr 1. i ALWAYS FIND physics hard. I prefer to do another M3 exam then do phy 6. Thats me tho lol

ReputationRep:
    i prefer m6 over phy6 lol.

ReputationRep:
    for the hysteris area.

on either side of the curves where two triangles.
    so all u had to do was work out the area of the whole graph. then on either side of the hysteris curves were a triangle.

so hysteris area = area of whole graph - area of triangle 1 - area of triangle 2.

for the number of electrons all you do is: charge/ charge on one electron

hope it helps

(Original post by neel1987)
    easiest papers ive done for physics by a long way!!! hardest paper was materials (unit 3) .. did not enjoy that, expecially working out the area under the hysteresis curve and talking about the cross links between the plastic chains, what did everybody put?
    also got stuck on that energy question with the clock hand but came back n found it wasnt so bad!.

What did every1 get for the number of electrons question on paper 2? i cant remember my answer but because it was per second, i just divided the number of amps by the charge on each electron from the formula sheet at the back..

ReputationRep:
    for no. of electrons i used Q=ne, and Q=IT, i got the same as loads of peeps. I think that's the same method.

ReputationRep:
    thats the right answer mate. i think the mark boundaries for phy1 will be low, probably 38-39 will be an A grade.

(Original post by thatguy)

ReputationRep:
    hi,
    do u know for the question about the second hand which was of different shape.

i put less mass, implies less force, since work done = fd. workdone will be less for the same lenght of time therefore power required is less.

also the question about the power need for the second hand to move from 6 to 12.

i did fxd/t force being mg of the second hand, the distance 0.10m and t was 30 seconds.
    are those the right values?

thanks

(Original post by nas7232)
    phy1 was a crap paper. I probably got 54/60
    phy2 was so easy, i rekon i got 59-60/60
    phy3 - particle physics, another gift! So easy, so many edexcel tricks involved and i spotted them => low grade boundary i think for phy3

ReputationRep:
    heh, ever heard the saying
    Confidence is to be applauded, arrogance avoided?

ReputationRep:
    is this not the maths forum? lol...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mace5000)
    hi,
    do u know for the question about the second hand which was of different shape.

i put less mass, implies less force, since work done = fd. workdone will be less for the same lenght of time therefore power required is less.

also the question about the power need for the second hand to move from 6 to 12.

i did fxd/t force being mg of the second hand, the distance 0.10m and t was 30 seconds.

thanks
    I wrote that work done = force x istance; power = work done / time
    The work done has decreased because the distance has decreased from the pivots thus the power required will be less.

Can't remember with the clock question though mate, that's where i lossed my marks, i probs got about 1-2 out of 3 marks.

@ moleo
    It's not arragonce, i am happy i did well and just merely telling peeps about how others found it so people can draw their conclusions on grade boundaries. I did the same when i got EUuu last year......

ReputationRep:
    You got EUUU last year?

In what subject?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moleo)
    heh, ever heard the saying
    Confidence is to be applauded, arrogance avoided?
    for me confidence = arrogance

ReputationRep:

thanks
    d

Yeah those are right

ReputationRep:
    anyone remember the answer roughly to average power of clock in phy1 paper?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.