this year you have to show all your AS grades Watch

This discussion is closed.
letia
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Apparently, this year (ie applying for uni through ucas for 2010 entry) you have to submit all the grades you recieved a AS. Normally, if say you did maths in year 12 AS and got a C but then decided to repeat it in january you would write on your ucas form ''pending'' and the university would not know what grade you recieved in june.

However, apparently this year for 2010 you have to state the grade(s) you got in all your subjects/exams taken in year 12 AS june DESPITE the fact if you are repeating them or not.

Can somebody confirm to me whether this is true or not?
RedGold
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by letia)
Apparently, this year (ie applying for uni through ucas for 2010 entry) you have to submit all the grades you recieved a AS. Normally, if say you did maths in year 12 AS and got a C but then decided to repeat it in january you would write on your ucas form ''pending'' and the university would not know what grade you recieved in june.

However, apparently this year for 2010 you have to state the grade(s) you got in all your subjects/exams taken in year 12 AS june DESPITE the fact if you are repeating them or not.

Can somebody confirm to me whether this is true or not?
I don't think it's true. I've entered mine as A-levels that are pending.

And I phoned UCAS about this just before summer because of the rumours that were circulating and they said that you don't have to submit them, although it would be better to as this gives uni's more info.
CCJ
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Err I'm sure that was the case last year, well it was with my school, since every grade was cashed in so you had to put the grade down on the UCAS application form. But you can put individual modules as 'pending' so the uni's can see you're resitting them for a better mark.
jenny28
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No this isn't true according to my school and my friends at my old school. I hope not anyway, I'm confused enough as it is!
raspberryice
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
this business is such a pain. what is actually true? although i guess if you just missed a grade, but are predicted the grade above, it wouldn't matter too much. but still. risky.
Playboy King
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Why can't UCAS just stop the ambigious guideline rules and actually provide a sample application for everybody to see which shows what/how AS grades are put in!

It's so annoying, some schools say you enter your AS levels individually and then add your A2 levels individually aswell......others say you only enter your AS levels individually the ones that aren't being carried onto A2, the ones that are need to be entered as the 'GCE A-level' qualification alongside the A2 modules to fill the 6 module grid. Sooo confusing :confused:
K the Failure
Badges: 2
Report 9 years ago
Depends if your school's already certificated them or not :shifty:
Skadoosh
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Er I wish.
lets_make_some_music
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
if your AS grades have been cashed in you have to enter them. Then your teachers will enter a predicted A2 grade and may say you are retaking some modules on your reference if you wish
Anon the 7th
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i don't think it's true
learner_dancer
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
They can't exactly turn up at your house and demand them at knife-point? I think it's always been a 'rule', but nobody ever really paid attention to it.
xmarilynx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's not true. You only put pending if your grades are not cashed in. If they are, as with all previous years, you state the grades. Check the Declaring your AS grades sticky thread.
coultron999
Report 9 years ago
I'm afraid it depends upon your school. If your school has already cashed in on your as levels then you have to put the grades up. (Though if you are resitting then it is unlikely you have cashed in.) If your school does not cash in on yours as levels, until you have fully completed your a levels, then you can just grades pending.
Fuzzpig
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I did actually hear that the 2010 applicants will do that, and unis will see if they've retaken anything.

I was told we, the 2009 lot, were the last year that this was not so.

I was told by my art teacher though... so not sure.
Ladipidoo
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I hope not. :cry2:
HighSkies
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You don't need to if your school or college doesn't cash them in this year (as mentioned above). Our school is suprisingly up to date with these ucas things so if it was necessary we would already have been told to do it a few months ago, which we haven't. My school certificates AS levels next year.
~Metoyou~
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
whats 'Cashed in'

and OUR college keeps saying you have to write it! I'm shaking with fear, lol. Didnt do very well for my AS, so wanted to resit 2 modules!
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ~Metoyou~)
whats 'Cashed in'

and OUR college keeps saying you have to write it! I'm shaking with fear, lol. Didnt do very well for my AS, so wanted to resit 2 modules!
"Cashed in" is a synonym for "certificated", and it sounds as if your college certificates AS grades immediately, as many do.
Minerva
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
There is a stickied thread at the top of the forum and clear advice on the UCAS website about this. There are no changes to the system for this year.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (212)
39.41%
No - but I will (38)
7.06%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.69%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (252)
46.84%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed