Modern Warfare 2 is apperently going to be £55 !!!! Watch

This discussion is closed.
plopSDCSDC
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I went into GAME today and asked how much it would be, and they said its gonna be 55 quid on both PS3 and Xbox 360 platforms across the nation!!!

What a joke. Then this guy started saying stuff about the economics reccession and i was like, ah mate dont eve start, I've done economics so stfu. lol
AshMcD
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Fift... HOW BLOODY MUCH!
Untitled258
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Lots of people will buy it no matter what the price is, so they bump it up. Simplez.
Venom123
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Old news...
IJI147
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
not for pc :p:
Puma
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If you actually care to look around, most places are doing it for £45, I have even seen one for £36.
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's only £55 because they know people are willing to pay that much for such an eagerly anticipated title (and most likely game of the year 2009/2010).

But there will be plenty of companies competing for the cheapest price, so I wouldn't be surprised if Shopto or something starts to charge £40 a week or so after release.
Small123
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by plopSDCSDC)
I went into GAME today and asked how much it would be, and they said its gonna be 55 quid on both PS3 and Xbox 360 platforms across the nation!!!

What a joke. Then this guy started saying stuff about the economics reccession and i was like, ah mate dont eve start, I've done economics so stfu. lol
I preordered last weekend and paid £45 for it. Tesco offer it under £40 too. As far as I'm aware nowhere on the internet sells it for >£50.
They're raising the price due to the pound falling in value so drastically. Fair play in all honesty.
x.Crystal.x
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Im willing to wait until it drops, no matter how much i want it, i shall wait. Shall wait... Shall wait??
Steeps
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by plopSDCSDC)

You've done economics yet you still don't understand purchasing over the internet?

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/...dern_warfare_2
MikeL230
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
ASDA sell it for £45
User129003
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by x.Crystal.x)
Im willing to wait until it drops, no matter how much i want it, i shall wait. Shall wait... Shall wait??
girls dont play call of duty and seeing men get dismembered, you should be on the wii playing cooking mama or animal crossing m8
x.Crystal.x
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Atomic Tundra)
girls dont play call of duty and seeing men get dismembered, you should be on the wii playing cooking mama or animal crossing m8
Cooking mama? GTFO! COD and GTA all the way!
Nick_000
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I promise you'll see it for £40.
Unknown-User
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
We had this thread a couple of weeks back...

Im not sure if they still do it, but Tesco were selling it for ~£36
Rhys~
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
buy it online for <£45 or buy for pc at <£25
Mattspur
Report 9 years ago
Everyones doing it for £45 online. Thats still too much imo, but will still be getting it. From infinity wards point of view its a great marketing ploy because people will still get it
ste0731
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by IJI147)
not for pc :p:
This :cool:
gummers
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Arsed its going to be ******* awesome!!
IceCold91
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Im not gonna spend above 40 for it. You're a fool if you pay 55 for it.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (179)
39.43%
No - but I will (25)
5.51%
No - I don't want to (32)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (218)
48.02%

Watched Threads