Maths PYDC Watch

01blowenm
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
when is the 09/10 PYDC thingy coming out? i can only find the old one...
does the structur change much from year to year?
TheTallOne
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It will probably be in our pigeon holes on the first Monday.

But it will probably be the same anyway. 90 CATS are compulsory and I plan on signing up for another 50-60 and dropping some after a week or so.
01blowenm
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by TheTallOne)
It will probably be in our pigeon holes on the first Monday.

But it will probably be the same anyway. 90 CATS are compulsory and I plan on signing up for another 50-60 and dropping some after a week or so.

but wont that be too late for modules starting in the first weeks.

the OMR thing opens next week(sep 21), i think.

are we suppost to talk to our personal tutors before useing the OMR?
if so, why is it open so early?
benwellsday
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Check the PYDC online (search pydc on google, first result). Occasionally some modules are changed, or don't run some years, but this is unlikely to happen for many 1st year modules. The core ones will almost certainly be the same, 90 CATS of 120 as said above. If you take over 120 you are eligible for extra credit until you go over 150 (which isn't reccommended by the uni). The extra credit is caclulated with the Seymour formula which essentially says "if your score in an extra module is more than half that of the average of your other modules then you will gain extra credit". However if it's less than half then you can lose credit too.
As for OMR, it's open for anyone who wants to make choices early, or for 2nd, 3rd and 4th years since these students will already sort of know what they want to do and don't need advice from tutors or supervisors. Most modules can be dropped later on, although be careful since there are some new restrictions that mean you can't drop a module if you've handed in a certain amount of assessed work (from memory this shouldn't affect most modules as many optional modules are 100% exam based, hence you can drop them in Easter before exams).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Jun '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (266)
38.66%
No - but I will (46)
6.69%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.41%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (325)
47.24%

Watched Threads