Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I took Units 1 and 2 this morning - I think they went very well. They seemed to be trying to test us quite a bit this time on application, but quite good none-the-less.

Oldak.

ReputationRep:
    Well i found the exam not bad actually.
    Most questions were straight forward and i knew what to do.

So i reckon i did quite well.

ReputationRep:
    It was straightfoward, one of the easier ones i've seen.

ReputationRep:
    I atcually found the Electrons paper to be harder then forces one. Both were good, Have to say thought they've really gone soft this year.

Stupid mistake I made was in resistivty question I just realised that I used the Diameter instead of raidus.

ReputationRep:
    waves was easier than jan in my opinion and that is unbelievable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mala2k)
    I atcually found the Electrons paper to be harder then forces one. Both were good, Have to say thought they've really gone soft this year.

Stupid mistake I made was in resistivty question I just realised that I used the Diameter instead of raidus.
    resistivity = RA/L = [R x pi x ¼d²]/L

ReputationRep:
    I enjoyed all papers. Hopefully I've got an A at AS.

ReputationRep:
    One question really got to me F=BIl magnet one. I believe question was find magnitude of F :

B=4B I=3I and l= L/2

F= 12BIl/2
    F= 6BIL
    F=6F

it didnt make sense to me from the beginning, were we supposed to use the units like that, am i Missing somthing here?

ReputationRep:
    Forces and Motion was the worst it was like an english exam describe this describe that. Every one in my class thought that it was the worst paper they'd ever come across.

Electrons and Photons was easy compared to the past papers we've had, and Wave Properties easier still! I don't even understand waves really and think I got an A for that one. Overall it went really well, could have been a LOT worse.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't think forces and motion was that bad, alot easier than Jan 04 (first time i sat it) there was alot of writing tho now i've just gotta do forces fields and energy and unifying concepts :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mala2k)
    One question really got to me F=BIl magnet one. I believe question was find magnitude of F :

B=4B I=3I and l= L/2

F= 12BIl/2
    F= 6BIL
    F=6F

it didnt make sense to me from the beginning, were we supposed to use the units like that, am i Missing somthing here?
    I left it as F = 6BIL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Widowmaker)
    I left it as F = 6BIL
    i got that two i thought the question wasnt clear. also did anyone notice the q=it bit it was meant to be in terms of i right? i said il comeback to it but then i forgot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asian cutie)
    i got that two i thought the question wasnt clear. also did anyone notice the q=it bit it was meant to be in terms of i right? i said il comeback to it but then i forgot.
    I = dQ/dt
    sorry, can't really remember the question.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah.
    Was it sumit like
    /\Q=I /\T
    I= change in charge / change in time
    triangle sign for the 'change in'

ReputationRep:
    hopefully i will get a B overall but im retaking the first module next jan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by g33k b0y)
    I didn't think forces and motion was that bad, alot easier than Jan 04 (first time i sat it) there was alot of writing tho now i've just gotta do forces fields and energy and unifying concepts :'(
    i know the feellin its next week and i aint started revisin for it yet

ReputationRep:
    I enjoyed forces and motion. Slightly different format which made me think a little. Overall all papers were good. Does anyone know the rough grade boundaries for these papers? 48/60 ≈ A?

ReputationRep:
    Me either and there both such big modules, really quite worried! doesnt help i have P2 on the same day Any one know of some good revision sites? This one isnt to bad but there arent any mock papers http://www.johnhenrynewman.herts.sch...sion.htm#sixth

ReputationRep:
    no i dont know any. apparently the thermal heat stuff has been taken out of the syllabus but i need to check that. thanks for the site looks really good.

ReputationRep:
    No problem. Hope your right about the thermal stuff, i really dont know that lol

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 12, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.