Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asian cutie)
    lol im sur ul get more then the 3 marks uve predicted yourself. for the ratio did u get 5? i was really confused about that question
    Yea it was 15/3 I think , i wrote 5 first but figured it was supposed to be ratio:ratio form I put 15:3 5:1

edit: yea it was 3/0.6 which I changed to 3 / 3/5 which 15:3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mala2k)
    The last question on forces was tricky as hell, I knew velocity=gradient. But I had to think hard where to draw the tangent and what values to take.

I am glad they chose to put crap about string constant instead of Young modulus. Does any remember what the answer to the car fueling question was. It was like first time i came accross somthing like that, I just put more petrol means more mass and therefore a=f/m so acceleration would be smaller.

I really messed up on last part of AB race, How did everyone get Bs acceleration with u=80 v=80 s=120 I think. I calculated everything perfect for A but just couldnt sort out my B. a=80-80/t a=80²-80²/240
    the one equation i maaged to get was just 120=80t+ ½at² couldnt find another equation with acceleration to solve it with.
    surely if u is 80 and v is 80, then a is 0? either way, i just said that at the first point there was the 17 second lead, but the car that goes to the pit stop takes like 16 (or was it 18?) seconds to get back to the second point on the main track, so the difference between them was 1 second?! seemed a bit easy for 4 marks, so perhaps im completly wrong :D

ReputationRep:
    The answer was 3.

You had to take into account that the car B carried on at 80ms^-1. Its initial velocity was 80, final was also 80. Using s = (u+v)/2 t you rearrange to find time of B. A was already 1 s ahead so you add that to the answer of the equation above.

It was tricky wording. Most people didn't even realise it was equations of motion :eek: Typical OCR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vinz)
    surely if u is 80 and v is 80, then a is 0? either way, i just said that at the first point there was the 17 second lead, but the car that goes to the pit stop takes like 16 (or was it 18?) seconds to get back to the second point on the main track, so the difference between them was 1 second?! seemed a bit easy for 4 marks, so perhaps im completly wrong

4 dat question, i cant remember wot i got for da 1st part, but da 2nd part and the time difference i calculated both to be 3 seconds. that answer corressponded with som ppl from my skool so i assume its right. anyone else get the same?

ReputationRep:
    Where was the question about the field lines on the solenoid? I dont remember drawing any......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rt6)
    Where was the question about the field lines on the solenoid? I dont remember drawing any......
    whoa! Quite a few people missed this question out! Including me! :mad: I did check the paper over but didn't see it!
    Can people please tell their teachers/exam officiers to inform ocr?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rt6)
    it was above the question about definition magnetic flux density

ReputationRep:
    .....hope it was just a 1 mark question..

ReputationRep:
    it was above the question about definition magnetic flux density

i swear when they asked us to define magnetic flux densiy, dat was part a and nothing came before that?!? im confused and so is most ppl cuz we neva *** across dat part :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam_boy)
    i swear when they asked us to define magnetic flux densiy, dat was part a and nothing came before that?!? im confused and so is most ppl cuz we neva *** across dat part :confused:
    it was 3 marks do u remember seeing a circuit above that question. it could have been missed really easily cos i did at first.

ReputationRep:
    yes, the definition was part a, i'm sure of it.

ReputationRep:
    i missed that question out as well and im sure when i looked at it the definition of magnetic flux density was part a as well

ReputationRep:
    arghh i feel like im goin in sane :motz: im sure there was a question on it. mayb one was part ai) and another was part aii)

ReputationRep:
    arghh i feel like im goin in sane :motz: im sure there was a question on it. mayb one was part ai) and another was part aii)
    dont worry, im sure you'll have done great on it! i just wish that i could the paper now and look for the stupid solenoid question!!
    the question must have been well hidden

which other paper did u do??

ReputationRep:
    that was the only one it was a retake module. did u do all of them, im sur you did well too so many people have left it out im sur there gona have to compensate for it (wel atleast if enough people complain)

ReputationRep:
    i did the waves paper as well. i hope i haven't missed any parts of that paper out as well!!!
    hopefully i will have done ok on them both

ReputationRep:
    i think that i got 7.5 for the ratio question

i got 3/0.4

ReputationRep:
    I neevr saw the question either, BUT i I agree somthing must have been asked since did anyone wonder what the point of the diagram would have been?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oldmansteptoe)
    i think that i got 7.5 for the ratio question

i got 3/0.4

i got 11.25 if i cam remember, 0.4 was the current across both resistors 20ohm and 10ohm. So 0.4 is goin to be shared out between those 2 resistors in a ratio of 2:1, so the current across the 20 ohm resistor was 0.267, thus 3/0.267=11.25, well thats what i got anyway, hope its right!

ReputationRep:
    current isnt shared out, the same current runs around the whole circuit, but spilts up at the cross section. the voltage is lost in that ratio, not the current.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 12, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.