Physics course work grade...a problem??? Watch

zafaru123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hey everyone, I will be applying to Worcester college to read physics next week.
My teacher has told me that I will have to put down my AS module grades as well as the overall grade. I took 3 modules for every subject except economics. Overall i got AAAAA

Physics- AAB
maths- AAA
further maths- AAB
Chemsistry- AAA
Economics- AB

The B in physics was actually a c/w mark, but is still a B in a unit.
Shall i ask my teacher if i can include overall grades only or does this not matter much.
Bojo
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
ooo! another worcester physics applicant.:woo:

it depends on your overall grade really, any really good module results can be mentioned.

i ended up with a b for physics in action, but 100% on understanding phys paper left me with a 90% average overall.

bojo
zafaru123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bojo)
ooo! another worcester physics applicant.:woo:

it depends on your overall grade really, any really good module results can be mentioned.

i ended up with a b for physics in action, but 100% on understanding phys paper left me with a 90% average overall.

bojo
hey, are you going to the Worcester open day this friday.
I don't think it'll be much of a problem since its c/w, and my personal statement basically says that im interested in the theoretical side of things.
mf2004
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hey sorry I didn't answer your pm.

I don't think it's a problem at all, I didn't put down my GCSE equivalents and didn't have any As equivalent grades to put down so you should be fine.
Mangaartist
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's not compulsory to put down module grades on your ucas form, so if you don't want to then just don't.
danidanidani91
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I got in with AAC in chemistry, so it shouldnt be a problem! (managed to get a U in the easiest piece of coursework ever- the open book paper!) especially as the others are good!
blueJ-
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
jeez, you are REALLY set on oxford, i'd say don't worry, something like this won't help/hinder you from getting in, focus on your studies/doing well in PAT..
zafaru123
Rep:
?
(Original post by blueJ-)
jeez, you are REALLY set on oxford, i'd say don't worry, something like this won't help/hinder you from getting in, focus on your studies/doing well in PAT..
Lol, i know, going to the open day made it worse, because it was really nice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Oxford
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 3 Jul '19
  • University of Oxford
    Thu, 4 Jul '19
  • University of Oxford
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (515)
37.56%
No - but I will (107)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.78%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (656)
47.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise