Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Username: HiBear
University:
Course: :shh:
Other info: I'm a foreigner with no sense of whatever in the UK

Hello TSR.

6 days to go until I'm at uni at last. I've been waiting to go to university for a while now. I was supposed to take a gap year since I'd been rejected from my original choices (for medicine) but I decided to apply through clearing and got in :woo:

For me moving to the UK is a natural step, loads of my friends are doing it, or will apply this UCAS cycle. I did the IB. We want to gtfo of here I like learning in English so yeah here I am going to the UK.

So these past few weeks I've been lazing around.. constantly on TSR :ninja: sleeping, going out etc. I needed the break after graduation and working. Now it's just so surreal that I'm moving in less than a week!

I've been busy now packing, buying things to pack. Getting paranoid about vaccines and how to get everything over there and whatnot. I'm quite a paranoid about most things, but I guess I'm just special.

Right now mixed feelings. I just met up with a friend I hadn't seen for 3 months; he's been working at a camp in the US. Now that I'm leaving, I wont see him for another 3 months Maannnn this blows. Same with other friends. There's some who've already left and all, and I wont see them for a while... But then again I need to get out of this little ****ty town. Urgh. I have been here for too long and nothing happens here. It's the same old story over and over again. I need something new to keep me going.

I've talked to some of my flatmates and coursemates on Stalkerbook (aka Facebook). They seem alright. I'm excited about meeting them, but I wish they wont be complete idiots or *****es.. I'm in a girls only flat and idk how that will turn out. Hopefully they'll be all great. Well if anything it'll be clean.

My room is such a mess. Grr I wish my room could just clean itself up. I wish my stuff would pack by itself
User182034
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm in all girls accommodation for that exact reason

Facebook is great for meeting new people (2nd only to TSR) I'm not too keen on it in general but I've met people from all over the country and the world who are going to my uni :yep:
HiBear
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
I applied for mixed though. But it doesn't matter I suppose.

I love stalkerbook. I can stalk without seemingly freaky :ninja:
Come on, if you want it to be private you dont write stuff on fb :yep:
La Esmerelda
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ha ha I'm gonna start calling facebook 'stalkerbook' now!
i'm no superman
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I applied for mixed too...otherwise who on earth is going to cook for me?

Great blog entry, I'm sure your flatmates will love you the way we do! :hugs:
HiBear
Rep:
?
(Original post by i'm no superman)
I applied for mixed too...otherwise who on earth is going to cook for me?

Great blog entry, I'm sure your flatmates will love you the way we do! :hugs:
aw thanks :hugs:

you will cook for yourself :eek: or you will steal scaryhair from newcastle :ninja:
AutVinceriAutMori
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by HiBear)
aw thanks :hugs:

you will cook for yourself :eek: or you will steal scaryhair from newcastle :ninja:
I believe Degausser called shotgun on Scary's catering back in Make IV :yep: So its too late to Mr Non-Superman :p:
Malsy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
good luck hibear:woo:

I never knew this forum existed and so now I'm just posting away as usual:ahee:
scaryhair
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Now, now, there's enough of me to go around! :hubba:
I'm curious, how do you make one of these threads? I'm trying to create one but it won't let me :sad:
HiBear
Rep:
?
(Original post by scaryhair)
Now, now, there's enough of me to go around! :hubba:
I'm curious, how do you make one of these threads? I'm trying to create one but it won't let me :sad:
Yeah, you had to apply beforehand.. I'm not entirely sure if anyone else will be able to write a blog, at least for now...
scaryhair
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeah, you had to apply beforehand.. I'm not entirely sure if anyone else will be able to write a blog, at least for now...
I see...I heard nothing about it!
AutVinceriAutMori
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by EierVonSatan)
Just for your info: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1030028

See you soon HiBear :hi:
What about me? :puppyeyes:
scaryhair
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
What about me? :puppyeyes:
The thread is closed now so we can't even apply :sad:
AutVinceriAutMori
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by scaryhair)
The thread is closed now so we can't even apply :sad:
I neer wanted to apply, with PS reviewing and general activities (auch as spamming :p: ) I wouldn't have any time to blog, and I'm not really a thought sharing person :p: Though I might try it once
What about you?

P.S I think Im going to make banana bread-t oo many ripened bananas in da house
HiBear
Rep:
?
Blog entry #2 : My head is spinning - Trying to keep a straight face

Yesterday evening and this morning was hell. I found out yesterday that a teacher of mine from middle school had passed away. I felt empty, had a huge headache and I couldn't really do much at all. All my memories from that school came back. Both good and bad - and I do have a lot of bads. He made life pretty OK.

Damn that headache was the worst I've had since... well ever. I don't have headaches, except for the odd hangover but that's not because I'm sick, just stupid.

I couldn't sleep last night, much. Though I think popping in a paracetamol helped a bit. But meh, got up when my brother went to school. Then I get a call from a friend of mine. I said I'd do her this favour which isn't strictly legal. Now there are complications to this.. I don't want to anymore. Dude, if it's only your ass getting into trouble well fine I guess ..... still iffy and all but as a old friend I could possibly do it, but when I'm also involved in this.. I'm sorry I just can't. I suppose I'm being a selfish ***** for backing out now when I did promise. But I don't want to take the risk. I'm meeting her tomorrow, maybe not such a good idea but we'll see. I don't think she will understand urgh. She sounded real pissed, maybe this friendship is over, idk. I'm just so confused.

I'm sick I think. I have no fever yet or anything but I still feel like crap. I'm moving in 5 days. **** I have to be healthy. I really don't want to be the one starting freshers flu

Then now. I am trying to hold up a smile for everyone else. People want to meet me and I do want to meet them but at the same time I'm sick of this. I really have become to despise this place.

I feel like as if I shouldn't. Its like I should feel sad that I'm leaving.. at least a little bit. But as of now that "sadness" is nowhere to be found.....

/sorry for the depressing post
HiBear
Rep:
?
Blog entry #3: Everything's going to be fine

Ok. Maybe I overreacted yesterday. Maybe it was because of all the stress I've been getting or maybe it's something else I don't know. But what I know is that I might as well enjoy my last days here instead of just wishing time to pass quickly.

So I met up with a friend, had lunch and went back to her school (she's still in high school) and chilled there for a bit with a bit of Imogen Heap and Tegan and Sara

I was also going to get vaccinated for Meningitis C but I'm still a little sick (coughing) so I skipped that.

I'm thoroughly excited now Happy and excited. Just as long as it stays that way :woo:

Though the fact that my luggage will be too heavy might just be a factor. Whatever, I can't be bothered to care so much about that right now.

Tomorrow or the day after I will steal a cup from Espresso House. It'll be a souvenir :ninja: I've paid for so many chai lattes, cafe lattes, lunches there..... so it should be ok? :woo:

I think this might get to be a daily basis diary :hmmmm:
I should get a life.
username202682
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You definitely need a hug dear......:awesome:
:hugs:
HiBear
Rep:
?
(Original post by Stricof)
You definitely need a hug dear......:awesome:
:hugs:
thanks hun. I needed it more yesterday though... :hugs:
username202682
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
thanks hun. I needed it more yesterday though... :hugs:
So my hug is useless now? I didn't know HiBear had her own blog though
Only through seeing your sig...
HiBear
Rep:
?
(Original post by Stricof)
So my hug is useless now? I didn't know HiBear had her own blog though
Only through seeing your sig...
im sorry do i tell you everything in my life now?
you didnt even tell me that you were taking the ukcat

but your hugs are never useless
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (446)
37.93%
No - but I will (88)
7.48%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.8%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (562)
47.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise