Turn on thread page Beta

The Official Edexcel P2 Revision Thread! (20/06/05 AM) watch

ReputationRep:
    The exam is only in 10 days and this is always the one that seems to mess me up! Anyone else been doing much P2 revision yet? Hopefully this time they'll put my favourite questions on (binomial expansion and trapezium rule)!

ReputationRep:
    After P3, which i freaked out a bit in and found stupidly hard i wana try and kill this exam. yeh i reckon trap rule will come up cos it wasnt on the jan one. does ne1 here kno which trig formulae u get on the formula booklet?? cos those stupid prouct ----> sum and sum ----> product are and arse to learn.

ReputationRep:
    Started p2 already? Its 10days away

I have 3 days before that exam to get some solid revision in

ReputationRep:
    ive got units 5 and 6 bio and the bio synoptic that week so i need 2 start revising asap. ne ideas if the product sum and sum to product forumlae are in the formula booklet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeyguru)
    After P3, which i freaked out a bit in and found stupidly hard i wana try and kill this exam. yeh i reckon trap rule will come up cos it wasnt on the jan one. does ne1 here kno which trig formulae u get on the formula booklet?? cos those stupid prouct ----> sum and sum ----> product are and arse to learn.
    Which ones are those? cos(A + B) and sin(A + B)? You get them in the formula booklet. For the double angle formula's I think you just let B = A and you can simplify it to get something quite nice. There's also some other trig stuff in there but I haven't had time to look at it yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris87)
    Which ones are those? cos(A + B) and sin(A + B)? You get them in the formula booklet. For the double angle formula's I think you just let B = A and you can simplify it to get something quite nice. There's also some other trig stuff in there but I haven't had time to look at it yet.
    He means:
    sin(A+B)+sin(A-B)=2sinAcosB
    sin(A+B)-sin(A-B)=2sinBcosA
    cos(A+B)+cos(A-B)=2cosAcosB
    cos(A+B)-cos(A-B)=2sinAsinB
    You don't have to actually remember them(i don't!), just remember how they are derived and you can work them all out in half a minute.

ReputationRep:
    Whats the difference with c2 and p2, is it two sepearte papers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaz031)
    just remember how they are derived and you can work them all out in half a minute.
    That's a good point, there's no use spending heaps of time learning formula that you can easily derive from key trig. identities. I'm also doing P2 and tbh, haven't ever seen a question where you need to directly use product to sum formulae...maybe im missing something... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeyguru)
    ive got units 5 and 6 bio and the bio synoptic that week so i need 2 start revising asap. ne ideas if the product sum and sum to product forumlae are in the formula booklet?
    You're kinda like me, I've got all the biology crap mixed up with the maths...and I have to do S2 which comes in between...

so for me its 4 consecutive days of Maths - Bio - Maths -Bio

and I can't even start revising P2 yet coz I have econ papers next week :mad:

ReputationRep:
    While we're on the subject of P2 revision, has anyone got the January 2005 mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris87)
    While we're on the subject of P2 revision, has anyone got the January 2005 mark scheme?
    Chris, try this site for the January 2005 P2 mark scheme as well as loads of other past papers and mark schemes.
    I know there's a dedicated thread for this but what does anyone who reads this thread think of Tuesday's M3 paper. I thought it was absolutely awful, several questions that were unlike anything I'd revised.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Hunter)
    Chris, try this site for the January 2005 P2 mark scheme as well as loads of other past papers and mark schemes.
    I know there's a dedicated thread for this but what does anyone who reads this thread think of Tuesday's M3 paper. I thought it was absolutely awful, several questions that were unlike anything I'd revised.
    Lol, sorry I forgot to tell you which site it is. Try:

http://math.mdsalih.com/data.php?d=Edexcel+Mathematics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Hunter)
    Lol, sorry I forgot to tell you which site it is. Try:

http://math.mdsalih.com/data.php?d=Edexcel+Mathematics
    That site has the paper but not the mark scheme.

ReputationRep:
    I think that P2 should be easy compared to everything we needed to learn for p2... all my revision is chem, bio and M2... I managed half of the 'find the range of values of e' today... which is tons better than the 0/8 i got for that question when i first did a m2 paper... havent started revision for p2 tho tbh!

Any tips for quick p2 revision that will take less than an hour anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revenged)
    Any tips for quick p2 revision that will take less than an hour anyone?
    Make sure you know how to use the formula's. Quite a few will be in the booklet so you won't need to memorise them but making sure you know how to use them is important. Also, you're allowed a graphical calculator so bring one of them into the exam too.

ReputationRep:
    i never used one before tho... the one i have has always had no batteries...

is it easy to draw graphs on a graphics calculator?

ReputationRep:
    i never used one before tho... the one i have has always had no batteries...

is it easy to draw graphs on a graphics calculator?
    Fairly easy. Just takes a bit of getting used to at first but once you know how to do it its easy. Ask your school if you can borrow one and make sure you ask them how to use it.

ReputationRep:
    Good news, the calculator has batteries and is working for the first time in 2 years - since my bro last used it... (had a surface covered with dust, lol) Only problem is i havent got a clue how to use it... oh well, i dont have any intention of going to school... it'll waste hours and plus i dont think that any maths teachers will be interested in helping, is it simple enough for me to work out myself or should i get one of my friends to explain how i use it???

ReputationRep:
    its C2...P2 doesnt exist any more

and for the specification, did u not think to try the exam board website?

ReputationRep:
    Good news, the calculator has batteries and is working for the first time in 2 years - since my bro last used it... (had a surface covered with dust, lol) Only problem is i havent got a clue how to use it... oh well, i dont have any intention of going to school... it'll waste hours and plus i dont think that any maths teachers will be interested in helping, is it simple enough for me to work out myself or should i get one of my friends to explain how i use it???
    Ask a friend to explain how to use it or at least try and find out yourself before you go into the exam. It might be pretty simple but you don't want to take a chance like that in the exam as it could cost you a few marks that decide your grade.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.