AM I screwed?! HELP Watch

Miss Pedantic
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Basically I was supposed to fill in my parents stuff online but couldn't log in cos they said my details were wrong when they weren't. Tried getting through to SF but to no avail.. so I sent them off on paper instead in the same envelope that I sent my birth certificate in. Got my birth certificate back and they said they'd let me know within 30 days of their decision etc.

Now 30 days later I get an email saying they urgently require further evidence.. and to check what I need online.. so I logged in but it didn't say what was required.. and just said 'awaiting assessment' - later on in the day i checked again and it said 'approved-awaiting signature'

So I went into the summary thing.. and this is what it says:

Tuition Fee Grant - Payable By Student Finance No Entitlement for Tuition Fee Grant Support
Tuition Fees Payable By Your Household £3225.00

So Im obviously panicking incase I accidentally didnt request it.. went back and checked:

Do you wish to apply for a loan to cover your tuition fee costs? Yes

*bummer*

So like could this just be an error???

Tryna get through to them but grh!
bubbles32
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Similar thing has just happened to me...

Sent off parents evidence by paper and got a letter today saying that I didnt request nor am I entitled to a tutition fee or maintenance loan!
And when I checked my online application it clearly shows I selected YES to REQUESTING both payments, but on the last page of the application 'assessment summary' it has info which wasnt there before saying im basically not getting anything because I didnt apply for anything.

Which makes absolutely no sense...because then why would a person even bother using student finance to begin with.
Im so frustrated!
Johnny Luk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
man i hate student finance.
*Tears and Butterflies*
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No, if it says you are getting it online, then that is correct, there is no need to call. My letter said the same thing, but I have my tuition fee loan.
bubbles32
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
^ But it wants you to send off the declaration form which has to be signed but if you dont you wont get anything...but mine doesnt say im getting anything anyway.

And the online application has contradicting information. One page says that I have requested the loans but the summary page says im havent requested and not entitled to it.
Miss Pedantic
Rep:
?
(Original post by bubbles32)
^ But it wants you to send off the declaration form which has to be signed but if you dont you wont get anything...but mine doesnt say im getting anything anyway.

And the online application has contradicting information. One page says that I have requested the loans but the summary page says im havent requested and not entitled to it.
This is what im talking about!! I sent my parents forms in the SAME envelope as my birth certificate, which they sent back so HOW could they not have got them. :|

What are we gonna do
Miss Pedantic
Rep:
?
(Original post by *Tears and Butterflies*)
No, if it says you are getting it online, then that is correct, there is no need to call. My letter said the same thing, but I have my tuition fee loan.
Online it says Im not getting it -_-
kaka-ayyyyy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Miss Pedantic)
This is what im talking about!! I sent my parents forms in the SAME envelope as my birth certificate, which they sent back so HOW could they not have got them. :|

What are we gonna do
hiya, sorry if this is a bit off topic, but your birth ceritficate, did you send the declaration form with it? did you do one or two declaration forms?
bubbles32
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Miss Pedantic)

What are we gonna do
Im STILL trying to get through and it was busy as soon as the phone line opened >_<
Mature.student
Report 9 years ago
I was getting the guy saying the line's busy and hanging up on the normal number too, try the other number:

0845 6077 577
bubbles32
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well I finally got through to someone on the phone!
Apparently I selected N/A on my application form for the question about wanting the maximum amount available (which makes no sense because it doesnt say that when i look at it but its pointless to argue anyway) so they sent out a tuition and maintenance form on the 7th Sep (which ive yet to receive) that I have to fill out again. And it seems that my parents evidence is still in the backlog.

In the meantime I was told to sign and send off the declaration form even though it says im not getting anything. Which i really dont understand what the point is.

*sigh* Seems Im all the way at the back of the queue now....
Verdalas
Report 9 years ago
I'm currently going through the same problem. It says online I've applied for a loan to cover my tuition fees but on the final summary it says I should be paying? :confused:

I'm trying to get through on the phone and I'm sitting here with my Financial Notification saying I have "Loan Requested: £0.00" and I have no idea whether to send it off like the member who posted before or just to try getting through the phonelines..
bubbles32
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
^ I think the best thing to do is keep trying the phones. Took me an hour to get through but its the only way you'll know whats gone wrong and what you have to do. I wouldnt send it off until you hear from them because yours could be a different reason.
Verdalas
Report 9 years ago
Thanks for the reply. It's great to know there are other people out there in the same boat. When I started applying everything seemed fine and then I thought I was the only one who "messed up". Turns out it could well just be their end after all..
CrazyChris
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Mature.student)
I was getting the guy saying the line's busy and hanging up on the normal number too, try the other number:

0845 6077 577
There are 01/02 nubmers there for the number you've listed.
Use saynoto0870.com http://saynoto0870.com/numbersearch....er=08456077577
LdnShmoo
Report 9 years ago
has anyone actually got through to them on the phone?! i keep getting some scottish man talking at me then hanging up on me
spikeeleon
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by LdnShmoo)
has anyone actually got through to them on the phone?! i keep getting some scottish man talking at me then hanging up on me

everytime i ring i always get through ... you dont want to ring the 0845 number
Verdalas
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by LdnShmoo)
I'm currently on hold in a queue on the 0845 number. I think I'm lucky. x_x

EDIT:: I just got off the phone. Apparently I put something in wrong on my online form which was saying I didn't want the loans. Luckily for me I already sent off another loan form on paper on the 10th, so apparently they should be processing it in a couple of days and sending back another financial notification.

For people who were wondering, your student support number does stay the same regardless, because I myself was worrying if it would change.
bubbles32
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Verdalas)
I'm currently on hold in a queue on the 0845 number. I think I'm lucky. x_x

EDIT:: I just got off the phone. Apparently I put something in wrong on my online form which was saying I didn't want the loans. Luckily for me I already sent off another loan form on paper on the 10th, so apparently they should be processing it in a couple of days and sending back another financial notification.

For people who were wondering, your student support number does stay the same regardless, because I myself was worrying if it would change.
Ah seems like all of us who got no money all had problems with wrong info on our forms then. I really dont get how mine was wrong though as I can SEE it says I asked for loans and I remember triple checking everything before I submitted it. Lol, Im convinced some untrained staff tampered with it. xD

Oh and thats good for you. Good thinking! Wish I'd thought to do that. All I can do now is sit patiently and wait for my forms to be resent.
Btw, did they ask you to send your 'empty' declaration form back?
KyleRatcliffe
Report 9 years ago
Speaking of screwed, I finally got through and after 8 weeks almost, they've told me they never received my paper application. So with < 1 week until I move in and start, I need to re-do my application online. No *way* they'll have things sorted by then -.-
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (535)
37.84%
No - but I will (110)
7.78%
No - I don't want to (96)
6.79%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (673)
47.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise