Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cellardore)
    yeah that's the one i did. was i right to say that the supernatural bit was the main bit that some readers would think lacked coherence because of all the religion and nature it had said before? i'm sure i heard that somewhere. Then i wrote about how it is coherent as the ghost ship was supposed to be representative of nature taking avengence etc.
    Yeah I think that would be right. They say that you can "interpret" the question so theres no way any of us would have written the same thing. I dont think I talked about the events in the poem lacking coherance enough. I am so worried!! Talking to people on here gets me down a bit because sometimes I have no idea what they are saying and then they start using phrases like "revised thoroughly" which definitely does NOT apply to me. Argh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clockworkapples)
    Yeah I think that would be right. They say that you can "interpret" the question so theres no way any of us would have written the same thing. I dont think I talked about the events in the poem lacking coherance enough. I am so worried!! Talking to people on here gets me down a bit because sometimes I have no idea what they are saying and then they start using phrases like "revised thoroughly" which definitely does NOT apply to me. Argh!

LOL i wouldn't worry about it. The Ancient Mariner really isn't that challenging and I didn't spend to much time worrying over it. It was easier than John Donne last year! You can't go far wrong as every interpretation leads onto the other. I wrote about everything - the albatross, the wedding guest (with its abrupt start) the ghost ship and the hermit LOL Some of its bound to be right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gringalet)
    Now, to me you sound like you've done really well! I'm very sure you'll get your A! I suppose that's the beauty, and annoyance, of this play – you could say really anything about it, from all sorts of different angles. I wish I'd said more about the serious aspects of the play, as I think I might have skimmed over them a little bit, although I can't really remember!

I feel a bit lost now with no Measure for Measure and Chaucer revision to do...it feels like the end of an era, lol
    Aw, thanks - I really hope so! & lol, I can understand that, it's taken up a lot of my time lately too! - I think I'll keep my pretty revision notes for my younger sister, if she wants them, as it seems a shame to just throw them away now ( scarily, quite a few people at my school are selling their folders/notes off to the highest bidder - some A2 Eng Lit & psychology folders and revision notes combined fetched £85 this week! :eek: ).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by White_redrose)
    Aw, thanks - I really hope so! & lol, I can understand that, it's taken up a lot of my time lately too! - I think I'll keep my pretty revision notes for my younger sister, if she wants them, as it seems a shame to just throw them away now ( scarily, quite a few people at my school are selling their folders/notes off to the highest bidder - some A2 Eng Lit & psychology folders and revision notes combined fetched £85 this week! :eek: ).
    :eek: good idea! why didn't i think of that :rolleyes: lol. I could sell my m4m book - it's not like i would be needing it again.

ReputationRep:
    I did 85 pages of typed notes for an AS unit...I should really take a leaf out of your books hehe, plus it got me full marks...good for promotion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    I did 85 pages of typed notes for an AS unit...I should really take a leaf out of your books hehe, plus it got me full marks...good for promotion
    lol stcik in small print at the bottom- 'full marks garunteed' or something lol.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Cellardore]not sure if anyone has started this thread but.....

anyone sitting the m4m Engl Lang/Lit combined? Any idea what might come up? Won`t be the Duke or low lifers as those Jan? Any help out there? Thanks

(Original post by clockworkapples)
    Seriously don't worry about it. Everyone will have thought about the question differently and written different essays. Anyway its good to write something different...those who can justify something different to everyone else will stand out during the marking of the papers!! I really hope that you get the grades you want especailly because you have been really really helpful in this thread!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparklyteacosie)
    Seriously don't worry about it. Everyone will have thought about the question differently and written different essays. Anyway its good to write something different...those who can justify something different to everyone else will stand out during the marking of the papers!! I really hope that you get the grades you want especailly because you have been really really helpful in this thread!!!
    That's true - my parents are both examiners as well as teachers, and they've often said that original interpretation impresses them, and if it is well supported you'll get credit for it. After a long evening of marking papers, the 'wow, something different and well written/argued!' factor counts for a lot I think!

(Original post by White_redrose)
    That's true - my parents are both examiners as well as teachers, and they've often said that original interpretation impresses them, and if it is well supported you'll get credit for it. After a long evening of marking papers, the 'wow, something different and well written/argued!' factor counts for a lot I think!
    Some of my friends seem to be able to have that wow factor in their essays. It is kind of depressing in a way..(I am just jealous,..hehe)

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 18, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.