The Student Room Group

Why won't my mum let me sleep with him?!

(Anon or delete, I know people on here.)

I recently got a new boyfriend who my parents haven't met. I've been dating him about a month. When I first went to meet him I stayed over at his place on the first date, my mum let me, she didn't kick up a fuss and told me I was my choice as I was old enough.

I asked her tonight if he could come and sleep over at my house and she said ''No''. When I asked her why she said ''I don't feel comfortable and I don't know him. You barely know him.''She let me sleep at his when she didn't even know the address and had never met him yet when it comes to my own house she won't? I said to her ''Surely you'd prefer knowing I was at home rather than off somewhere else?'' and she got so angry at me. I don't think the reason she gave is even a proper reason!

What is the logic behind this? Someone please explain as I cannot get my head around it. She is usually such a relaxed parent, letting me do what I want and then with this she's being completely weird.

I'm not underage, I'm 17 (18 soon enough) and my boyfriend is 22! I think it's ridiculous!

Why is she doing this?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Parents don't like knowing their daughters are banging their boyf under their roof. Simples.

And, you slept with him on the first date??
Reply 2
17-22
hmmmm
I'd do a CRB check on him darling...
I know my Mum would have been funny about anything happening under her roof when I was 17. I guess it's her house so her rules etc.
Reply 4
No Future
Parents don't like knowing their daughters are banging their boyf under their roof. Simples.

She let my last boyfriend sleep at my house whenever I wanted and he was my first boyfriend. I had known him longer before he came around, but she still let me.

MrBigShoes
17-22
hmmmm
I'd do a CRB check on him darling...

Don't be stupid.
Reply 5
Your mum speaks with experience
Anonymous
(Anon or delete, I know people on here.)

I recently got a new boyfriend who my parents haven't met. I've been dating him about a month. When I first went to meet him I stayed over at his place on the first date, my mum let me, she didn't kick up a fuss and told me I was my choice as I was old enough.

I asked her tonight if he could come and sleep over at my house and she said ''No''. When I asked her why she said ''I don't feel comfortable and I don't know him. You barely know him.''She let me sleep at his when she didn't even know the address and had never met him yet when it comes to my own house she won't? I said to her ''Surely you'd prefer knowing I was at home rather than off somewhere else?'' and she got so angry at me. I don't think the reason she gave is even a proper reason!

What is the logic behind this? Someone please explain as I cannot get my head around it. She is usually such a relaxed parent, letting me do what I want and then with this she's being completely weird.

I'm not underage, I'm 17 (18 soon enough) and my boyfriend is 22! I think it's ridiculous!

Why is she doing this?

maybe she doesn't want you to make the same accident she had roughly 18 years ago?
she might have had something planned on that day.
Her house, her rules.

Its the same for me. Only way I can have a fella sleep in my bed is if we're married.

I think she's finding it hard to accept that you're growing up and are getting involved with guys and the like. Ask her whether she'd like to meet him and then she can decide whether he's allowed to stay at yours :smile:
No Future

This.
Reply 10
yeah it's probably the whole 'my house my rules' thing. my boyfriend's mom will let him stop at mine anytime but she would never let me stop there unless it was in the spare room, which is fine...some people just don't feel comfortable with it...you are still your mom's child even if you don't feel like it, so to have a boy she doesn't know stop in her daughter's room is probably odd for her.
Anonymous
She let my last boyfriend sleep at my house whenever I wanted and he was my first boyfriend. I had known him longer before he came around, but she still let me.

How old was your last boyfriend though?

And I'm allowed to stay at my boyfriend's, but he's not allowed to stay here, and we've been going out for 18 months. It's my mum's rule, and I'm over it.
well its her house..
Reply 13
big-boss-91
maybe she doesn't want you to make the same accident she had roughly 18 years ago?

What is that meant to mean... ?
Reply 14
17-22.

Your mum would be pretty rubbish if she was 100% happy with you sleeping with him after 1 month.
Reply 15
MewMachine
How old was your last boyfriend though?

And I'm allowed to stay at my boyfriend's, but he's not allowed to stay here, and we've been going out for 18 months. It's my mum's rule, and I'm over it.

Why did she make that rule, what point is there, she knows we've slept together and she doesn't care about that.
Reply 16
It's the same with me, my parents won't let my boyfriend stay over so I stay there loads. It's cuz she doesn't want you to have sex so soon, and she's worried he's taking advantage...maybe.

And whoever said get a CRB check done, shut up, you know nothing about their relationship or dynamic. Grr.
Reply 17
aliluvschoc
17-22.

Your mum would be pretty rubbish if she was 100% happy with you sleeping with him after 1 month.

I've already slept with him and she said it was my choice, she was happy that I was happy.
Reply 18
No Future

:ditto: this.

It would just be akward, your mom, you and your new "boyfriend" sleeping under the same roof and your mom knowing that you're shagging him next door. It's not a comfortable feeling, I can assure you, and she has every right to stop your boyfriend staying over. Her house, her rules, pure and simple.

Want to have sex, do it somewhere else.
well if you're gonna do it, then i don't think your mum would appreciate you doing it under her roof...she could be in the next room or something

Latest

Trending

Trending