The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 1
Hey dude. If you are eligible for the bursary, it will be put directly into your bank account at the start of term (around the same time as the loans/grants, so 5th October I think.) However, for this to happen, you had to have signed a part of your student application which allows third party corporations to access your information - in this case, Exeter university. Chances are you probably did sign it even if you can't remember, but student finance england will be able to tell you - so give them a ring to be safe. The university itself doesn't tell you whether or not you will receive it which is kinda bad on their part, but just check with SFE to see if you signed / checked the box to allow the uni to access your personal information and you'll get it if you are eligible.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Hey
I can't remember from the first year, but last year all the bursary details were sorted out automatically at registration. That opens on the 21st September this year, I think.

EDIT: Got beaten to it.
When in the first year my parents hadn't ticked the box to release their details, I had a letter from the Uni telling me I wouldn't get a bursary unless I sorted it out with Student Finance Direct as it then was. A whole lot of details on the bursary can be found on the 'Student Record' tab of My Exeter after registration under finance.
You'll need to make sure you have given the Uni your bank details under the same tab to receive the bursary.
Reply 3
in the first year if you are in university owned accomodation it will get taken off your rent, if you arent you will get it in 3 installments. The first one isnt until 5th(ish) December. Look on the website it has all the info. I rang up and they told me how much I would get. They said letters would be sent out soon I think.
Reply 4
Cool thanks alot guys.
Reply 5
It doesn't go into your account same time as loans - the first one doesn't anyway - mine is going in 4th December, then 5th Jan or something like that.. It'll tell you in your my exeter - but first years comes off accommodation =)
Reply 6
Yeah I've recently got a letter telling me I've got the £1500 bursary.

Thing is, I'm not going to get any of the money- they just dock it off the price of the accommodation.
Reply 7
Thats a pretty hefty dock off accommodation though. In a way you do get the money - if you weren't getting the money you would have £1,500 less to spend on things, other than acommodation.
Well, the bursary is to help with accommodation so that shouldn't be a surprise :P

As others have said, when you're not in uni accommodation you'll get it straight into your bank account in 3 installments. I found it really odd that the first installment came through at the end of Term 1 and the second at the start of Term 2! Not complaining though :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending